Friday, 1 October 2010

Daring Cardmakers - Opalus

We're celebrating the OPAL this month over at Daring Cardmakers - the birthstone for October. It's also our anniversary month too - DCM is FOUR years old!!! Not only that we've also got a wonderful Guest Designer joining us for the next 2 months... Samm. Welcome aboard Samm and thanks for agreeing to join us - hope you have a great time!

My brother has put an order in for a Christening card for a very special little girl and he's honoured to have been asked to be her God Father. So I took the opportunity to use this gorgeous (opal) card stock and make a start. It's actually an easel card but I haven't got all the details of the sentiment he wants to add so I've just photographed the main part for now.


Stamp by Lili of the Valley
Coloured with Copics
Bazzill and Opal Card Stock
Scalloped Frame - Marianne Design
Butterfly and Leaf Punches
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Flowers from Stash
Self Adhesive Glitter Dots
Stickles



Lynda xxx

12 comments:

  1. This is simply adorable. I do love the flower treatment on the card. Perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Lynda

    A very special Christening card and one I am sure will be treasured.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, you've done a wonderful job on this card, it's so pretty and opals are just the perfect stone to have in mind for a Christening card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card Lynda, and love the flowers etc. very Pretty.

    Love Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, this is lovely, you didn't do it justice when you described it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Lynda. Everything about it is just right.

    Susanx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda

    Sorry I've not commented for a while I've been away on hols! Anyway loving this creation for the DCM also I'm sure your brother and the recipient will absolutely love it.

    Hugs

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!!!! simply stunning, love everything about it, so inspirational
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Lynda, just beautiful.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card Lynda - I love the LOTV stamps.
    Lovely to meet up with you on Wednesday - I enjoyed the day although I was full of cold
    luv
    eileen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo cute, just love it!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated