Friday, 17 December 2010

Daring Cardmakers - At the Beach

Over at Daring Cardmakers Keryn has set the Dare this week:-

In New Zealand the skies are blue the sun is out and the kids have all finished school for the year and don't return until early February.
So this week I want you to make a card that shows what you'd be doing if you were here. Would you be going to the beach with your bucket and spade or would you be sunning yourself on some Pacific Island. If you just can't cope with the thought of sunny holidays right now make your card with yellows, oranges and other hot colours.

We're also saying goodbye to our wonderful Guest Designer Saskia who has been with us for the last two months - I think you'll all agree she's done a fabulous job and I'd like to thank her for being such a wonderful part of the team.

Here's my card:-


All Stamps are by Magnolia except the Birds which is by Hobby Art
Stamped with Color Box Chestnut Roan Ink Pad
Letters - QuicKutz
Amazing Frames (large circle)
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Bazzill Card Stock




Lynda xxx

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love all that white - so soothing and relaxing!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, especially love the sun.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Lynda. Bet you wish you were there eh.

    Love your christmas tree in the last post, very pretty, and you bauble card is amazing.

    Big Hugs Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynda this is gorgeous. Love the colour on all that white. Would love to be there doing one of my favourite holiday things. Picking lovely shells.

    Susanx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wouldn't you just love to be in New Zealand right now. I couldn't think of anywhere else I would rather be on holiday!
    Your card is perfect Lynda. It sums up beaches beautifully and reminds me of the New England homes you see pictures of.
    I hope you're keeping well and warm!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Lynda, I love that washed-out, sun-bleached sort of look you've achieved

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this would be perfect for me at the moment as I have just started my Xmas break, love the idea of lazing in the sun (but we have frost and ice) never mind
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Lynda!!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card, Lynda and once again, the detail is stunning! Really nice change from all the Christmas cards at the moment! :)

    Have a good weekend and hopefully, *fingers crossed* ...not too much snow!
    Love and hugs,
    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynda

    This is a gorgeous card I love it all! If I were in NZ I would definitely be on the beach!

    Love your holly and berries photo - stunning - I love the fact that your header photo reflects each changing season - great touch!

    Have a good weekend.

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your gorgeous card Lynda.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lynda I love it, this is absolutely gorgeous and so different
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynda:)

    I love love your beautiful card,always a pleasure to catch up,
    I wish you and yours a Very

    `Merry Christmas`
    Have a fab time lots of love :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted to wish you a very Happy Christmas and hope you have a wonderful time! Thanks for all your support on my blog, throughout the year and can't wait to see more of your lovely cards in 2011!!

    Love and hugs...
    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated