It's Samm's turn to set the Dare this week over at Daring Cardmakers and she's chosen a real challenge for us all:-
CHASING CARS - SNOW PATROL
I've set this week's challenge to use the song 'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol as the inspiration for your cards.
If you're not familiar with the song, then here's a link to the lyrics:
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
I don't think I've actually captured the essence of the song with my card but I did take a line from it and worked around that - the two people laid side by side form the part of "If you just lay with me" and then I added the words "just forget the world"
I thought about when I want to just forget what's going on in the world and I think that when you're on holiday it's the perfect time to do just that!
Anyway enough of my waffle here's my card:-
Image - My Favourite Things
Bazzill Card Stock
Computer Generated Words
Card Candi
The rest of the Papers and Elements were from a Scrapbooking Kit by We R Memory Keepers that I picked up in TK Maxx for the sum of £2 - Bargain!
The flowers were made from the pattern on the reverse of the stripey paper!
I also had a lovely surprise the other day too when the lovely Emma sent me this lovely award:-

Thanks Emma you're a star!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Lynda xxx
this is such a great take on the song lynda. Makes me long for summer with all those bright rich colours
ReplyDeleteMy favourite song of all time.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulously colourful card. Very clever.
Susanx
I love the thought processes behind the cards this week and your idea of forgetting the world being part of a good holiday is just right. Actually your card reminded me of a very lazy beach holiday my friend and I took in Olu Deniz. For different reasons we were both completely exhausted and spent the whole two weeks just lying in the sun - I think I read a record of 9 books that holiday!
ReplyDeletea great take on the song - dont think I could have come up with anything half as good as this!
ReplyDeleteYou've done justice to a wonderful song by making a fabulous card. As with all your cards, its perfect and I adore it!!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good weekend and you so, deserved the award. You're an absolute star too... :)
Love Emma xxx
I don't know the song and I haven't listened to the lyrics yet but I know that you will have made a good take on it. Wonderful card, nice and bright and cheery and oh don't I just need to relax and chill out on a beach but the only thing is I wouldn't look like the images on your card, those days are gone!!!
ReplyDeleteKath x
Hi Lynda
ReplyDeleteA great take on the challenge you set .. .. .. gorgeous colours and lots of great elements.
Love that song.
Have a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
The lyric you is a perfect card sentiment. I think your card combines the two ideas in an original and upbeat way.
ReplyDeleteHi sweetie this is just gorgeous i love the colours and the image is fabulous, big hugs love pops x x x
ReplyDeleteOh I think this is a fantastic take on the challenge!! perfect!
ReplyDeleteSamm
x
Great take on the song. Love the gorgeous summery colours x
ReplyDeletegreat interpretation, and I love the summery feel, makes me want to go on holiday!
ReplyDelete