Oriental Splendour
I would like you to make a card with an Oriental influence and the ‘Take Away’ I referred to is the twist in the tail.
When ever Oriental is mentioned most people, including myself immediately reach for Red and Black so I’m taking them away from you and removing them from the pallet of colours that you can use on your card.
So to recap:- I dare you to make an Oriental themed card which doesn’t use Red or Black.
This is my 2nd take on the dare and I'm really pleased with it. Papers are by K & Co. and DCWV Oriental Stack. Stamps are by Inkadinkado (main image) and Oriental Script is from a set of clear stamps that I have but unfortunately I don't know who made them, sorry! And I can't make a card these days without the card candy from Craftwork Cards - they are just perfect for putting that finishing touch to a card or project.
And this card was my 1st take on the dare - I quite like the card but it was lacking something and I didn't know what. My thinking behind it was if I can't use red and black I'll use blue and white like on the "Willow Pattern". Papers are DCWV-Oriental Stack, stamps are by Inkadinkado and the "un-named" clear ones for the background, finished with Prima flowers, card candy and a chinese coin.
I enjoyed the dare this week - it really got the grey matter working. Thank you.
Lynda xxxx
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThere was absolutely nothing wrong with the first card you made Linda, it’s lovely but I’m so please you had another go.
ReplyDeleteYour second attempt is simply stunning!
You’ve mastered all that White space with out a doubt and the colours are beautiful.
Thanks for joining in with my DCM dare this week.
Sue
x
I've been trying to work out how to show you how to do the links but everytime I do it, it makes the link and you can't see what you need to write. I'll keep trying and let you know I I've sussed it!
Hi Lynda, Sorry I spelt your name wrong in the above post.
ReplyDeleteI've not been able to work out how to show you the link thing on here but you you let me have your email address I'll send you a photo of my screen that shows it.
Sue
x
WOW! Both of these cards are so pretty!! I love your flowers and the images!! :) TFS!
ReplyDeletethose cards are just so wonderful. I can't believe you didn't like the first one!
ReplyDeleteThese cards are `Gorgeous` Linda..TFS
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely Tuesday:)~x~
Love both cards, but the top one is gorgeous!! It looks 'mysterious' somehow and i love the colours :)
ReplyDeleteHugs
carol x