Friday, 4 December 2009

DCM - Say it in Sepia

It's my turn to set the Dare over at Daring Cardmakers this week and it's my very first one - I am so nervous lol. This is what I decided on quite by accident whilst sorting through old family photographs:-

Say it in "Sepia"
I've been sorting through some "Old" family photographs with the intention of Scrapbooking them and I just love the Sepia ones. So I thought it would be nice to see a "Thank You" card made using "sepia" tones. So that's just brown/white or brown/cream depending on your card base colour. We will all be needing "Thank You" cards after Christmas so that's why I chose that sentiment just to help us all get started.

The rest of the Design Team have made some absolutely gorgeous cards so pop over for some fabulous inspiration and if you decide to have a go yourself don't forget to leave us a link to your card so we can come and have a look.

My Card:-


Flower Stamp by Magenta
Background Stamp - En Francais by Stampin Up
Sentiment Stamp - Happy Everything Greeting by Hero Arts
Vintage Photo Distress Inks
Timber Brown Stazon
Bazzill Bling Card Stock
Nestabilities
Oval and Scallop Oval Punches
Swarovski Crystals



Lynda xxx

15 comments:

  1. A fab challenge and a truly gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning! Thank you for a fantastic dare this week :D
    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. a brilliant dare and an amazing card (as ever!) Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dare and such a gorgeous card. Enjoy your weekend. :)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lynda what a darling card, absolutely beautiful.x

    I hope you are feeling a little better now hun.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh Lynda, I didn't know you were a DCM too! This is wonderful, what a fabulous theme.... very tempting, and your card is so inspiring! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this is simply beautiful, I love it.Got to try this challenge now

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Lynda! Very classy, and you are so right with the thank you cards. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Lynda. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful Lynda. Although it's Sepia it's got a really modern twist. I still love that script stamp, I really must get round to adding it to my collection and those flowers are stunning.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynda

    I am running out of things to say about your card as they are all so stunning. So all I will say is I adore it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely stunning lynda....love how you made the flowers pop and I love the sepia look. hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sepia card Lynda.The script is `beautiful` TFS:)x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated