Friday, 5 March 2010

Daring Cardmakers - Aquamarine

As we are at the start of another new month the birthstone series of challenges continues over at Daring Cardmakers with the birthstone for March which is:-

Aquamarine
It's an interesting stone as it comes in various colours - aquamarines come in sea blue; sky blue; blue green and sea green which is a lovely broad sea/sky palette. The crystal structure is hexagonal. It is also associated with the properties of faithfulness, courage and friendship.

My card:-

Stamps - Hero Arts 'Happy Birthday Cupcakes'
Stamped with Memento Ink and outlined/coloured with Copics
Papers - Scenic Route 'Surprise' Collection
Bazzill Card Stock
Nestabilities
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Making Memories Tiny Alphas
Stickles and Gems

For the black and white checked edging I resized and printed the 'Schmooze' freebie from Kirsty Wiseman which you can see here.



Lynda xxx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours Lynda. I love the sentiment cut up into separate letters and the border punch is just yummy ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card! Great idea to resize the border. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous I love the design and the cupcake looks so scrummy. I saw Kirsty on the telly and her CD looks fab. Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contrast of the black and white with the aquamarine. There are so many delicious details to this card Lynda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Lynda - so much lovely detail. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated