Friday, 12 March 2010

Daring Cardmakers - A Host of Golden Daffodils

Well it's my turn to set the Dare again this week over at Daring Cardmakers and as my birthday falls in March, and we've already covered the birthstone, I thought it would be a lovely idea to use the March flower as inspiration for our cards.

So I'd like to see......

A Host of Golden Daffodils

Please use daffodils on your cards or maybe make a card inspired in some way by those sunny yellow flowers.

Here's my card:-


I am really into creating flowers with punches at the moment so I rooted through my punch drawers to see what I had to make some daffodils.

The one's I used are:-

Large Daffodil
5 petal flower from Stampin' Up
Woodware 1" 5 petal flower for the centre.

Small Daffodil
Woodware 1" 5 petal flower
EK Success Small Scallop Circle for the centre (cut each scallop towards the centre and then squeeze it into a trumpet shape)

Other Items Used:-
Bazzill Card Stock
Leaf Punches
Nestabilities
CB Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Computer Generated Poem
Stickles



Lynda xxx

16 comments:

  1. this is such an amazing card Lynda - the daffs are divine! thanks for a great dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Lynda,a wow what a totally stunning card hunny, and so perfect for mothers day cards! i just love daffodils, such a shame they are late coming out this year! hope you are well, thank you for yet more inspiration, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those daffs are amazing Lynda. I love daffs.
    Might have guessed we share the same birthday month, lol! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty card Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda.

    Just having a lovely catch up with what you've created this week.
    I love the owls, they're gorgeous and your daffodils are very clever. You really have a knack with punches, this one has made perfect daffs. We just need them to come out in the garden now don't we!!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda this is gorgeous hun! you have picked a beautiful theme for the challenge! Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the daffs are just lush...loving the design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lynda! This is sooooo gorgeous!! Your daffodils are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynda this is such a beauty of a card. I love how you made the flowers - so clever and so pretty. Thank you for a fab dare, it really got us all thinking creatively!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynda this card is stunning. The colours the daffs, everything about it is beautiful. Absolutely love it. Susanx

    ReplyDelete
  11. All things bright and beautiful came to mind.
    Very clever and absolutely stunning. Love Kath

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooooo gorgeous card..my favourite flower becauce my birthday is in March too!!!..what date is yours Lynda...???
    hugs
    Jan...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous Lynda - your daffs are so creative. Thanks for a fab dare, it really did get me thinking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh lovely card Lynda. Your daffies have worked beautifully. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!!! Lynda...we have the same birthday!!!...you know I just had a feeling that we did..thats why I asked!!!..its a great date for a birthday!!!..lol..
    Hugs
    Jan...x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great challenge Lynda and I love your daffs, they are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated