Friday, 7 May 2010

Daring Cardmakers - Emerald

As we're in the first week of the month of May it's time for our 'Gemstone' Dare over at Daring Cardmakers - which is of course:-

EMERALD
"Prized since ancient times, a fine emerald can be more expensive than a high quality diamond of the same carat weight."
We'd like you to use this beautiful gem as the inspiration for your cards this week. We'd like to see more than just a tiny spot of emerald green on your cards, too!

We're also delighted to have Andrea joining us as Guest Designer for May - Andrea has been contributing to DCM almost from the start and she has a fabulous blog and makes the most wonderful cards - so why not pop over and see what Andrea and the rest of the team have been making for inspiration and join in the fun!

I made two cards this week using the same papers, gems and flowers:-

Stamp - 'Patchwork Butterfly' by Elusive Images
stamped onto Craftwork Cards Digital Card Stock with memento Ink and coloured with ProMarkers and Copics
Papers - Cosmo Cricket 'Hello Sunshine' collection
Bazzill Card Stock
Nestabilities
Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters
Flower Punch
Gems - QVC
Sentiment - Doodlebug 'Simply Sweet' alphabet rub-ons


Papers - Cosmo Cricket 'Hello Sunshine' collection
Bazzill Card Stock
Kraft Card Stock
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Flower Punches
Woodware Leaf Punch
Gems - QVC
Computer Generated Sentiment




Lynda xxx

14 comments:

  1. these are just adorable Lynda. I'm interested that you colour with Promarkers AND Copics - do they work together ok then (well obviously I guess as your butterfly looks perfect!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. two super card Lynda, love the butterfly stamp.

    Big Hugs Carol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations as always Lynda particuarly love the Butterfly one. I am sorry not to have popped by recently I will try harder. Real life a bit hetic xxx Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely cards Lynda, you are spoiling us. The daisies allways look really good in white.
    Love Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful cards. Especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. must admit when I saw "Emerald"...I thought no...not my colour at all until I saw your gorgeous cards...truly stunning..have a great weekend...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous cards Lynda. You are so clever with the various punches - you've been encouraging me to buy more of them myself - you didn't know that, did you? hehe
    That butterfly on the first is just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Lynda your cards are gorgeous ! I especially love the butterfly. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both devine Lynda, but I have to go with the first as my fav, not just the flowers and of course the butterfly, but the vibrancy of the colours. Stunning.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful Lynda. :) I love the border of daisies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are both gorgeous Lynda, I love love love the butterfly one. I might have to have a go at this challenge now I've seen yours! I wasn't a fan of green but maybe I am!

    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly stunning cards Lynda, so inspiring, love that butterfly. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are soo `pretty` Lynda..I love the butterfly..TFS
    Have a fab Monday :)x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning creations..pretty green..fab DP's and the Butterfly is just gorgeous....
    Hugs
    Jan...x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated