Saturday, 2 October 2010

World Card Making Day!


Today is World Card Making Day and over at Daring Cardmakers we've been asked to join in the fun alongside Papercraft Inspirations Magazine who are having a Christmas blog party all weekend, celebrating Christmas and offering Christmas card making ideas, projects, competitions, money-saving offers and more, all that you'll need for the festive season.


Pop over to Daring Cardmakers and Papercraft Inspirations Magazine to see what we're all up to and we'd love it if you'd join in with the fun too!

Here's the card I made and I think the sentiment was just perfect for the occasion!

To make this card I used:-
Penny Black Slapstick Stamp Set - Carolling Penguins
Stamped onto Watercolour paper with StazOn Ink
and coloured with AquaMarkers
Plenty of Stickles was added!
Mounted onto Bazzill Card Stock
Punched with Martha Stewart Crown Border Punch
and embossed the White with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Tiny Snowflakes - Woodware Punch
Peel Off Gems for the centres

Have a Great Day!



Lynda xxx

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous card - love all the textures and the colours - well, everything really hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cute card Lynda. And yes you couldn't have picked a more fitting sentiment. Susan. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda

    I'm going tp have to break this habit, before I even read up on your card I looked at the border and thought "I need".

    A super card BTW.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the image you used and the border is scrummy. A fantastic card :)

    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda! Заходите в гости ко мне на блог за наградой)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so gorgeous lynda....love those sweet happy penguins....big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda,
    This is fabulous and those penguins are just great. Lovely border edging.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so sweet Lynda and I love the colouring and sparkle on this!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  9. What joyful, sparkly penguins, Lynda. Aren't they cute?
    I love that Christening card in your last post too. It's so delicate.
    Has it been as wet in South Yorks today?
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, lovely card, love the choice of colour on the penguins hats and scarves. Your borders are always so different and I love the stamp.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet little trio beautifully colored and framed. Your card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the effect of the aquamarkers and that gorgeous border!
    :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card! I LOVE that border and the adorable penguins! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love penguins, so this was always going to be a winner of a card for me. I also adore what you've done with the Martha Stewart punches on the border of your papers...stunning effect!! Once again, it's made me smile and it's a lovely card...
    Love and hugs,
    Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated