Friday, 7 January 2011

Daring Cardmakers - Snowdrops and Carnations

After quite a long Christmas and New Year break I was raring to go and eager to get back into my crafting when I was struck down with Vertigo! Typical! I've tried to get round to see as many people as possible over the last week but apologise to those who I have missed.

I have, however, managed to get my first Daring Cardmakers card made for our first Challenge of the year. We've decided to have a monthly Dare once again and this year we're taking our inspiration from the Flower(s) of the Month.

The Flowers for January are the Snowdrop and Carnation

I've chosen to use the Snowdrop as I adore this pretty little flower:-


Snowdrop Stamp by Elusive Images
Coloured with Watercolour Pencils and shaded with Chalks
Bazzill Card Stock
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Martha Steward Edge Punch
Stampin' Up Corner Punch
Pearls - Hobby House
Ribbon from Stash



Lynda xxx

18 comments:

  1. this card is achingly beautiful lynda. I love the notched edge with the pearls and the layering - simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling a lot better Lynda. Your card is beautiful. Love the background.
    Susanx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is truly beautiful lynda..hope you are feeling better soon...big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda

    A lovely card snowdrops would have been my choice too - they are sweet little flowers and so delicate you wonder how they survive the cold!! Hope you are feeling better.

    Take care

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card Lynda and such a pretty flower.
    Thanks for visiting me.

    Big Hugs Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda, Happy New year to you!
    What a stunning card! I love that shade of green and with the white looks so elegant. I hope you are feeling better too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lynda. I'm so sorry to hear you're under the weather, what a way to start off the New Year.
    I recognise this lovely stamp, you've done another beautiful job with it. I had every intention of adding it to my collection, but no chance of that now after the sad demise of Elusive images. I still have a few left that you sent me luckily, they will be used sparingly and for very special people only, LOL.
    Take care my friend and stay warm. Did you get the snow today?
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. I love snowdrops and carnations must be because my birthday is in January, strange that I never thought about it before. I once made a crossword for a Charity event and one of the clues was 'opening flower for the year' people found that really hard but everyone got the clue of crap Swedish furniture store!!!!!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynda this is so gorgeous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Lynda, so beautiful.
    Happy New Year hun, I hope you feel better soon
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Lynda, I love the subtle green you've used and the stamp is gorgeous. My sympathies are with you, I have been a long time sufferer of Vertigo and know it can be very debilitating. I hope you're back to 100% soon. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!!!!!!! ur card is absolutely G O R G E O U S!!!!!!!!! love love love that border punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation sweetie with a gorgeous image fabby colours too, big hugs love pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Lynda!!!!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love it. A very happy new year to you and Mark
    big hugs
    En (and Mike) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Lynda - this is just GORGEOUS!! I don't know how you give your cards away. I would be framing each and every one of them!

    PS: I have some blog love for you - it's on my blog if you would like it :)

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely stunning card Lynda. The image is so lovely and all the layers and that colour scheme are just perfect for showing it off

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated