Here are my cards for this week's Dare over at Daring Cardmakers - It's my turn to set the challenge and this is what I've come up with for you all this week:-
The Darlin' BUGS of May
I'd like to see some BUGS eg ladybirds, bees, spiders, caterpillars, butterflies, dragonflies - it would be lovely to see them taking centre stage on your card or be used as a lovely embellishment but I won't accept them if they're just printed onto your backing papers as that wouldn't be a challenge at all!
I was determined to use my new Bee Stamp and my first card was totally inspired by the very talented Paula. If you've never visited her blog please do so her work is fantastic!
Bee Stamp - Stampotique
Sentiment and Flower Stamp - Paper Artsy
Bubble Wrap Stamp - Kaiser Craft
Graph Background Stamp - Hero Arts
Distress Inks
Dragonfly Punch
My 2nd card was based loosely on one of my favourite sketches from Pencil Lines.
Love Bugs - Stamps by Judith
Coloured with ProMarkers
Papers - October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricker
Heart and Circle Punches to make the Flowers
Oval and Scallop Oval Punches
Sentiment - Melissa Frances Rub-On
Metal Nailhead Stickers
The rest of the Team have made some amazing cards so if you're stuck for inspiration pop on over to our main Blog where you'll find loads - it would be great if you could join in with us this week.
Lynda xxx
Hi Lynda, not sure about the sentiment on your first card, to me the future seem to 'fly by', love the black on orange colours but have to say that my favorite is the second card, with the cute images and lovely papers and flowers.
ReplyDeleteKath x
I love your bee card. Such a vibrant colour and a bug that is certainly taking centre stage. I shall try to enter your challenge this week. It will be my first entry but I love the theme. Kate
ReplyDeleteTwo super cards Lynda, but if I am choosing a fav then it has to be the awesome colours of the first, it's a real ray of sunshine.
ReplyDeleteB x
Beautiful cards Lynda, I love both!
ReplyDeletelove them both but very much drawn to the first one...the colour and the bee are so eye catching, you did an awesome job and you have a real flair and style with the stamps and distress inks!
ReplyDeleteHi sweetie, these are fabulous creation, gorgeous colours too, biggest of hugs love pops x x x
ReplyDeleteHi Lynda.
ReplyDeleteYou are so clever. These cards are fabulous, two totally different cards.
I love both, but the first one is amazing.
Susanx
Very clever title, Lynda. great cards the ladybird one is very cute.
ReplyDeleteHugs Carol xx
Two more beauties Lynda, love love the bee one. Have a lovely weekend,
ReplyDeleteluv
En xx
these are so delightful and summery in feel Lynda. They show how diverse your creative skills are too!
ReplyDeleteSeeing those great stamps for a bee and love bugs I think I will be abusing my Paypal account very shortly!!
ReplyDeleteThey are both...absolutely fabulous but I particularly love the first one! It's so creative and shows off your skills as a card designer!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work, as always...
Hope you've enjoyed the weekend,
Love and hugs, Emma xxx
Both cards are fabulous - and such different styles, I love them both. A great challenge this week.
ReplyDeleteWaw, this card is good and very funny,,
ReplyDeleteUhooi.blogspot.com
Both cards are lovely but the bee card is stunning! The colour combination is really not what I expected to see in this challenge and it's great!!
ReplyDeleteHi Lynda! Many thanks for your kind comments and support! I do appreciate it! I just adore this bugs card of yours in yellow! Well done! Hugs, Kissinia
ReplyDeleteTwo amazing cards, Lynda. I love your ladybugs, I wonder what they are chatting about.
ReplyDeleteThe bee card is really beautiful, completely different from your usual style. You are definitely putting those new stamps to great use.
Hugs Lisax
Two completly different styles, both so well executed. I also had a look at Paula's site...amazing is all I can say.
ReplyDeleteMy gosh, both these cards are great! I love the colors, bee image and, well, everything about the first card. The ladybugs are just to adorable on the 2nd card.
ReplyDeleteI just love both these cards Lynda - but those ladybirds are just sooo sweet! :oD
ReplyDeleteSo lovely, like the love bugs.
ReplyDeleteLove both the cards - the ladybirds are so cute and the bee looks amazing!
ReplyDelete