Friday, 22 July 2011

Daring Cardmakers - Wish You Were Here!

It's my turn to set the Dare this week over at Daring Cardmakers and this is what I've chosen:-

WISH YOU WERE HERE!
As it's Summer here in the Northern Hemisphere (although you could actually disagree with that sometimes, with the mix of weather we get here in the UK) and the kid's will be starting their Summer Break from School. I'd like to see what your idea of the perfect getaway destination is. Is it a Sandy Beach, a Tropical Paradise, Camping/Caravaning, Countryside or even a City Break! What takes your fancy?

I thought it would be a good one to get everyone into 'holiday' mood.

Here's my card:-


I love the seaside and anywhere with a lovely sandy beach is perfect for me. I've always thought what a luxury it would be to actually have your very own beach hut so my card reflects that with this gorgeous beach hut image from Molly Blooms. I masked the beach huts to stamp the sun (PSX) image behind and the birds are 'Flock of Birds' by Hobby Art Stamps.

The papers I've used are by Black Market Paper Society - Lucky 'n Love and all the beach elements are made up from items in my stash including tiny shells, micro beads, Flower Soft, Judikins Roxs.

The Card Candi and large letters are from Craftwork Cards July Project of the Month Kit and I've added Making Memories Tiny Alphas to complete the sentiment.

Card base is 8 x 8 scalloped square also from Craftwork Cards.


Thanks for looking.


Lynda xxx

22 comments:

  1. This is a work of art Lynda! I am in awe of your stamping skills and I adore all the little details

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I would love to go on holiday somewhere that looks like this!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda.

    What a FAB FAB card. I wish I was there. Everything about it is just gorgeous.

    Susanx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a wonderful card you have made Lynda it really makes me wish i was sat on the beach somewhere hot and sunny, its just Fabulous.

    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just perfect Lynda. I would love a beach house like one of these too! Wonderful details too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous Lynda, brilliant images and great choice of colours and papers. Beautiful card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda

    I love this very, very much. Fantastic colour choices.

    Those beach huts are gorgeous .. .. of course mine is the one with the heart on the door!!! LOL!!!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful summer card Lynda!!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Lynda ! It really makes me think of sunny days on the beach ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAB~U~LOUS!!! I love everything about this card... and the colours are just gorgeous! It's a beautiful card, that makes me want to take a visit to the seaside and own one of those little huts.
    Happy Weekend, Lynda and thank you for all your well wishes and lovely comments on my blog posts! :)
    Love and hugs, Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great Lynda . Love the beachy theme with the shells. A lots to look at card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Makes me think of Summer (wish we were having one). Gorgeous colours. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi hun
    oh wow this is totally gorgeous, luv all the flowers soft, beautiful card, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Lynda your card is absolutely amazing, I adore those beach huts and I love all the little details - brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous, love the colours that you have used, gorgeous work as always, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love your seaside inspired cards Lynda, the flower soft and the tiny shells - beautiful!
    I'd love a beach hut, we looked into it last summer, the prices are ridiculous - £800 just for a year!
    :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your beach huts are gorgeous, Lynda. It's a stunning card. I'd love to live beside the sea too. To be able to walk on the beach everyday would be perfect, although when we go on holiday it's always the Lakes and Mountains for us-strange that.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, I adore those little crushed sea shells, they just finish this card off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those beach are adorable. Really like the shells and flower soft details that add a real touch of seaside to the card.

    Fran x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally and utterly stunning Lynda, I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated