Friday, 10 September 2010

Daring Cardmakers - Mask-erade

It's our lovely Lythan's turn to set the Dare this week over on Daring Cardmakers and she's chosen:-

Masks
Now you could make a card featuring a mask; or use a masking technique for stamping or use a mask to spray or paint on. the decision is yours.


I chose to use a masking technique.

Here's my card:-


Magnolia Stamps - Trees and Snowy

Firstly I stamped Snowy and then stamped him again onto some scrap paper and cut this out to form a 'mask'. I placed the mask over Snowy and then stamped the Trees . I made a mask with the Tree stamp and then placed both Masks over their images and used Distress Inks around the images and over the rest of the card. I coloured the images with ProMarkers and then added Fluffy Stuff and Glitter for the snow effects. Snowflakes are peel offs and the sentiment is computer generated and punched out with a Stampin' Up punch.




Lynda xxx

11 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of this type of masking. Such a cute card lynda:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous honey love the chocie of colours, big hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i do love this Snowman lynda, i loved what you did with him before, you really have made a fabulous card again with him. I think i will have to indulge a little.

    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic creation, love the snowman, maybe I should look for it at Harrogate.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow Lynda this is truly stunning, love everything about this fabulous layout
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card - all that masking must have been really fiddly. I would have got in a right ole mess! :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda

    Gorgeous card as always. Masking is a great technique I've only tried it once at a craft club and ended up with a tree stump growing out of the bottom of a house! opps but still had fun and learnt a lesson - haven't tried it again as yet........ but I will one day!

    Have a great weekend.

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Lynda, your masking is awesome.
    Such a cute snowman!
    Love elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynda this is awesome. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated