Over at Daring Cardmakers this week the Team have got together for a very special Dare:-
A TIME TO REMEMBER
Remembrance Sunday, the second Sunday in November, is the day traditionally put aside to remember all those who have given their lives for the peace and freedom we enjoy today. On this day people of many nations pause to reflect on the sacrifices made by our brave Service men and women.
The poppy became the symbol of remembrance as they were the only living thing that survived the bloody battles of Flanders during the First World War.
Here's my cards:-
Image - Clarity Stamp
Coloured with ProMarkers
I've coated the Poppy with Glossy Accents
Background - Distress Inks
Sentiment - Melissa Frances
Amazing Frames
To make the flower I used the Tutorial over on the very talented Terrie Bailey's Blog - you can find it here
Leaves - Woodware 'Embossing' Punch
Coloured with Distress Inks
Bazzill Card Stock
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Sentiment - Melissa Frances
Lynda xxx
Beautiful card Lynda!!!
ReplyDeleteSweet greetings, Saskia :)
OMG!!! that Clarity Stamp image of the Poppy is fabulous and the hand created flower is stunning
ReplyDeleteGreat theme, hope it is well supported
Hugs Kate x
Lynda, need I say more. STUNNING. Susanx
ReplyDeletestunning cards lynda and love your colour work on the first one...hugs kath xxx
ReplyDeletethese cards are beautiful. I love the shape and glossy accents on the first one and the flower on the second is so adorable
ReplyDeleteHi Lynda
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are so gorgeous - and what a perfect subject to choose for this time of year - we must never forget.....
Hugs
Tina
X
PS Love that flower and thanks for the link to Terrie's tutorial too - she is another very talented crafter!
Love your poppy cards Lynda. They're fabulous!
ReplyDelete:)xxx
Two stunning cards for a very special time, Lynda. I love the glossy poppy and your fabric flower is beautiful too. I shall have to check out that tutorial.
ReplyDeleteWe Must Never Forget!!
Hugs Lisax
Two absolutely beautiful cards Lynda. Just glad that we don't have to choose between them.
ReplyDeleteKath x