Friday, 15 July 2011

Daring Cardmakers - It's all very Pinterest-ing

It's our lovely Nat's turn to set the Dare this week over at Daring Cardmakers and she's chosen something really different and quite unique - I'll let her explain:-

As the title suggests we're looking to Pinterest for some inspiration!

I am a relatively new convert to Pinterest - I only joined a month or so ago, but it is definitely my favourite place to hang out at the moment and get instant inspiration - plus I can keep track of all the wonderful inspiring pics and cool techniques I've bookmarked over the years in one handy place.

If you don't know what Pinterest is, check out the blurb here for more info.

We want to spread some Pinterest love this week - because the joy of Pinterest is discovering new sources of inspiration!

So the dare this week is to create a card using a "pin" for inspiration.

We want to see what inspired your creation so make sure you include the original "pin" (ideally using the handy Embed feature that appears to the right of the image on Pinterest alongside your card project in your blog post
.

If you're not a member of Pinterest you can still play along - you can either browse/search Pinterest for inspiration and still embed the "pin" in your blog post or simply share whatever pic you have used as inspiration for your card.


Here's my card:


..and here's the photo I took my inspiration from:-





There's so much to see on Pinterest and it really is a great source for inspiration.

The Design Team have made some fantastic cards so why don't you pop over for a look and we'd love it if you'd join in this week with this very unique challenge!




Lynda xxx

18 comments:

  1. I love your pin and the rather gorgeous frame you have made on your card. Its a great way to use up those word strips too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, what a wonderful frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That frame is gorgeous and what a fab card. I have some candy on offer. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely see how that pic inspired you, Lynda, it's a gorgeous card.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful piece of inspiration from Pinterest, that created a beautiful card from yourself. It's absolutely gorgeous, Lynda and I know how you feel about Pinterest, I'm totally addicted to it and can lose myself in all those gorgeous pictures. I hope we can link up on Pinterest...it would be lovely to share with you.
    :)
    Have a great weekend.
    Love Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute take on the original photo Lynda. It works so well, too. I love that bright red frame

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bit confused with all this, need to look into it more when I get chance.
    Fabulous card though Lynda, love the frame, cute image and as always your lovely flowers.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I just love it Lynda..!

    have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda

    This is just brilliant.

    I love the flowered frame you have put around your cute image.

    A great take on your inspiration picture.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that frame as inspiration and your stamped girl. A lovey fresh card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a new one on me,I've never heard of Pinterest before ! Fabulous card Lynda, I love the frame. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card - I really like the red frame. Been wanting a nexcuse to set up a Pinterest account! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love it Lynda, what a fab take on the original photo. I love how the tilted frame works on the card and brings everything together as well as providing a bit of colour pop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant card Lynda - I love the frame idea, and your take on it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lynda

    Wow great card and great take on your inspiration. I've never heard of Pinterest before gosh a whole new virtual world to investigate and how interesting it is too! Will I ever be able to get off the computer and do anything else at all.........

    Hope you are well.

    Take care

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great take on the Pintrest pic! Just fab. Fran x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is fantastic picture and fabulous card Lynda! You really captured the feeling of your pin :0)

    Zuz. x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun pin and love how you've interpreted it x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated