Friday, 8 January 2010

Daring Cardmakers - Garnet

Well after an extended break due to Christmas Day and New Year's day falling on a Friday we're back with our very first Dare of 2010 over at Daring Cardmakers. We're also joined by our new Guest Designer Caz who will be with us for the whole of the month - Hi Caz!

We're having a monthy 'birthstone' dare which will be ongoing throughout the rest of the year so for more details pop over to the blog and all will be explained by Sue. This month it's Garnet of course!

Here's my card:-


Card Base, Card Stock and In Circle Message - Craftwork Cards
'Medallion' Stamp and Real Red Ink Pad - Stampin' Up
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Circle and Scallop Circle Punches
Ribbon and Gems from Stash
Stickles Glitter Glue
Computer Generated Sentiment - font is 'Scrap Twiggy' from ScrapNFonts



Lynda xxx

16 comments:

  1. this is so stylish and sophisticated Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. That's some stamp too. I'm sure I wouldn't have achieved such a good impression. Fabulous stuff. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda I love this so elegant and I am definately joining you guys on this challenge as it is my birthstone. I am looking for the perfect papers right now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Lynda

    GORGEOUS card hun and so elegant love it

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lynda

    What lovely rich colours and what a great challenge idea using birthstones.

    Hope you are coping OK in this freezing weather.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda, love that Stamp and your card is fabulous. Such a beautiful colour.

    Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow this is impressive love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Lynda. I love those cuttlebugged dots, they look like spotty ribbon.
    Hope you are staying warm

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda. Lovely card, colours fabulous. Bet it looks lovely in other colous too. Susanx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo...lovely..a real gem of a card!!!!
    Hugs
    Jan...xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card - I love that stamp (I used a brayer to get a good coverage did you?). Looks fab against the black
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I look at this card I think "wow" I love that image, it's so strikingly beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Lynda. The red and black looks great together, this is such a striking stamp. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sophisticated and elegant Lynda, love the symmetry of those jewels. Still rummaging for red cardstock here so that I can join in.....
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I just love that Medallion stamp and your color combo!!...and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!

    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated