This is my card entry for Brenda's fabulous Mega Blog Candy to celebrate Sir Stampalot's move to larger premises. Have you seen the pictures of the shop on Brenda's Blog - Wow you could spend a week there and still not see everything!
I've had this Stampin' Up 'Neighborhood' Stampin' Around Stamp for ages and never used it until a few week's ago - I absolutely love it!
I've stamped the image with Memento Ink and then coloured with Copics, added Diamond Glaze to the Windows and Stickles to the clouds. I mounted it onto card stock that has been edged using MS Picket Fence Border Punch but left just the edges showing so that it looks like train lines and that the houses are 'moving' along!
For the Sentiment I used Microsoft Word and set the margins at 14 x 14 cms then typed the sentiment, using my favourite font at the moment - Scrap Twiggy from ScrapNFonts, at the top and bottom and printed it off onto DCWV Textured card stock.
Just a case of simple matting and layering of all the elements and then I added two punched out hearts just to finish off.
Off the join the Blog Hop now and find the missing letters!
Lynda xxx
this is just fab!!! Love the house images..and the font of the sentiment!! gorgeous card..thanks for joining us on the Stampalot challenge!
ReplyDeleteHello Lynda
ReplyDeleteWhat a brilliant card, as per usual with you, wonderfully thought out and put together with such imagination. And sparkly colouds, I could live there.
Thank you so much for joining in our Stamaplaot challenge and good luck with the draws.
B x
Hi Lynda,
ReplyDeleteYour card is adorable! I love the fence border and the fabulous font.
Thank you for joining in with the Sir Stampalot challenge and good luck!
Clare x
Wow Lynda I just love this stamp and you have showcased it so beautifully. Thanks so much for taking part in the fun and good luck in the draws.
ReplyDeletePinky
Great card Lynda,love your colouring and that font is perfect. I have also been trying to use my uninked stamps.
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs Carol x
This is such a pretty and cheery card! Great coloring on all those adorable houses! (I've been looking at this stamp in the catalog for so long.. might have to finally take the plunge!)
ReplyDeleteI love this cheery card, it's fab. Thanks for joining the hop and challenge, good luck
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting
Tracy x
Oh this is fabulous what a lovely image and the wording is fab thanks for joining our special challenge and hop good luck in the draws
ReplyDeleteHugs
Lorraine x
Oh this is fab, love the houses.
ReplyDeleteluv
Debby
When i first saw this come up on my blog reader, i thought it was crossed stitch, it really is a fabulous card. i adore that stamp, but dont know of anyone that sells stamping up stamps.
ReplyDeleteBabs x
Gorgeous stamp Lynda and a gorgeous card too x Hugs Pascale
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card, Lynda. I love that stamp.
ReplyDeleteLisax
WOW what a lovely card love it .
ReplyDeletegood luck in the sir stampalot draw and thanks for joining us love chris xx
Hi Lynda
ReplyDeleteI love your card.
That stamp is fantastic.
Funny how one can sit around for ages and then suddenly "come into its own".
Love that font too. To begin with I thought it was your own writing!
Thank you for joining in this special Stampalot challenge.
Love Jules xx
What a lovely bright cheerful card! That is a wonderful stamp! Thanks for joining in with the challenge. Good luck in the draws!
ReplyDeleteGreat card , love the colours
ReplyDeletethanks for joining us on the special challenge & blog hop
Hugs
Francesca
Hiya Lynda, what a wonderful card. great use of diamond glaze and stickles - well done. Thanks for taking part in the Sir Stampalot Challenge.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck
happy crafting
- janicex