Friday, 20 August 2010

Daring Cardmakers - Material Girl

Our lovely Jane has set a fantastic Dare over on Daring Cardmakers this week:-

Material Girl
I would love you all to design a card inspired by a design on clothing - I know we have done inspired by clothing before but I was thinking more about being inspired by the pictures/textures/slogans/quotes on tshirts - not just limited to the colours/patterns on materials (although, of course, they are perfectly acceptable too!

I'm thinking ruffles,stitching/motives - but of course you can be inspired by just colours/designs if you prefer - it would be great if you have a picture of the clothing also?


At first I went into panic mode but after wading through my wardrobe and drawers I found this old T-Shirt - it's one I just can't part with because I love the flower motif on it so much!

Here's my card:-

The Flower and Leaves were all Hand Cut!

Card Blank - Craftwork Cards
Blue and White Stipey Paper - Craftwork Cards Vintage Rose Essentials Pack
Bazzill and Core-dinations Great White Card Stock
Computer Generated Sentiment
Circle Punch
Scrappers Floss
Faux Stitching




Lynda xxx

10 comments:

  1. It's absolutely fabulous Lynda! Handcut as well, you are sooooo clever!!!!! :)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is `beautiful` Lynda fab Insiration!!!!!!!TFS
    Have a lovely weekend:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea for a card. The flower reminds me of Bizzy Lizzy which i used to love to watch when I was little. Her flower was magic too

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Lynda, love the colours and that stitching is perfect.

    You could always cut the flower from the T-shirt before discarding it, and then use it on something else.

    Love Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Lynda, this is fabulous ! I thought it was a close up photo at first ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Lynda, and so you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - that flower is just sooooo fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card, and copied so well from the t-shirt. Brilliant.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous. :)

    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow lynda...loving this one and a great take on your t-shirt....love the colour combo...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated