Saturday, 19 February 2011

Allsorts - Inspired by Nature

This is my card for Allsorts Challenge where they want us to be

INSPIRED BY NATURE

It is totally inspired too by the inking and stamping talents of these three ladies:-
and I'm really quite pleased with how it's turned out.


I made a mask by die cutting a large circle from a piece of scrap paper and then fixed the 'waste' over the card and sponged Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Inks. The stamps I've used are from Elusive Images (sadly no longer with us) 'Wild Meadow' and 'Patchwork Butterfly' theme plates - I used Black Memento Ink and I used my Stampin' Up Stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure I got the images exactly where I wanted them.

The best part about this card is that it only took about 15 minutes to complete - that is definitely a record for me!




Lynda xxx

13 comments:

  1. What a stunning card, Lynda. The yellow and black on the white background are so crisp and striking. I love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, have just visited your blog for the 1st time.
    What a simple, striking card! Simply beautiful!!
    Viv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Lynda and I love the colour choice and the beautiful stamp ~ simply stunning :o)

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a beautiful card Lynda...like the choice of wording and image.
    And I have to say its a real honour to feel that I might have inspired someone - Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, have a great weekend hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Lynda, simple but stunning ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Lynda, the sentiment is lovely
    Thanks for joining ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Lynda this is really beautiful. Love the colour and the stamp on it, not sure about the butterfly as I am not a butterfly but don't know what I would have put on if nt a butterfly so all in all, it is a wow.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blimey, Lynda. I feel very honoured to be mentioned in the same sentance as these other two inpirational ladies, but if I have helped you in just a tiny way then that is a great feeling.
    Your card is stunning. I love the colours and the stamping is beautiful. I love those stamps too and it looks like Glenda is starting her comeback with a new name, Chocolate Baroque, fab name or what. Have a peek at her blog!!!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three cards in your recent posts are absolutely stunning, but this has to be my favourite...it just took my breath away! Lynda, it's beautiful! :)
    Hope you had a good weekend...
    Love and hugs, Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I certainly wish I could create cards like this and it matches your beautiful blog banner!....

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a beautiful card Lynda and I love the header on your blog as well
    I am well thank you and I hope that you are too.
    luv
    eileen
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated