Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Penny Black Saturday and Funky Hand Challenges

I've managed to combine 2 challenges with this card - it's something I don't often do as I'm a big believer in one card for one challenge - however if there are different elements and specifications from each of the challenges I think that's when it's fair to combine.

The first challenge is Penny Black Saturday where the theme is:-
PRETTY IN PINK
Use 'pink' and feature a Penny Black Image

and the second challenge is Get Funky's
"Show Us Your Heart"
Feature at least one heart and use at least one Funky Hand product


Here's my card:-

Image - Penny Black 'Whispers'
Papers - Funky Hand 'Shabby Saturday'
Oval Nestabilities
Martha Stewart Heart Border and Butterfly Punches
Bazzill Card Stock
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Gems - Hobby House (from Kath and Buddy)




Lynda xxx

20 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda

    A beautiful card.

    I love the Shabby Saturday download (oh dear I say this about every one of them LOL!!) and your Penny Black image is one of my favourites too.

    Great layout and your butterfly finishes everything off perfectly.

    Thank you for sharing with Get Funky! this month.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty and feminine Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lynda that is so preety and gentle, love the little butterfly. thank you for getting funky with us this month hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Lynda, love the image and the gorgeous border punch ~ simply stunning :o)

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Lynda very pretty and the punched border and that image is just right.

    Hug Hugs Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Lynda, the pink and white together are really pretty. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite stamps and you have paper pierced and I love doing that. Beautiful card.
    I know what you mean, I really do like to make a card for just one challege but occasionally I have done it for 2. I looked at a blog last week and they had entered 1 card for over 40 challenges. Mind you at least she may have got few comments which a lot of challenges don't seem to be bothering with. I have got a feeling that things may change soon with the new challenge blog, Less is more. It is only run by 2 people and they have commented on every entry and even the entrants are going and commenting on other entry's.
    I would love to enter some of my favorite challenges every week but I haven't always got the resources to enter them or I can't stand the subject.
    Love
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynda. This is such a pretty card. I love the flower stamp and as usual your swiss dots are perfect. I keep meaning to use them and only remember once i've made my card!!!! Well done on combining both challanges, I don't know how people have the time to enter so many. I manage one a week if I'm doing well!!
    Hope all is well with you.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, it is soooo pretty. Love the colors, so soft and well....just beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the soft colours Lynda, and that gorgeous stamp. :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card card. Thank you so much for joining in with the Get Funky! challenge this month.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Lynda, love the flower image and embossing.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. sweet card and I love that PB image
    Thanks for joining us at Get Funky this month
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card. Love the fine details. I know what you mean about challenges. I usually manage a few with one card but some people enter so many it seems ridiculous. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another card, that you've made to perfection...soft, pretty and elegant! It's beautiful, Lynda.
    Hope you're having a good week, so far!
    Love and hugs, Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely stunning lynda...you know how much i love this image......thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lynda, this is so beautiful. I love the way you've put all the elements together and Shabby Saturday is one of my favourite of the FH collections

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous as always Lynda :) I really like the Shabby Saturday downloads too....but then again I like all of them lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great choice of papers! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very pretty card - love PB stamps and FH papers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated