Friday, 18 February 2011

Daring Cardmakers - Steampunk

Rein has set a fabulous challenge for us over at Daring Cardmakers this week:-

STEAMPUNK

It's a theme that Rein is rather an expert in and the rest of us were somewhat scared! But a challenge is a challenge and this is one I think we've all really enjoyed after doing a bit of research into what it was all about! It did help me a lot when I found the Steampunk Debutante Papers from Graphic 45 though lol.

We've also announced the winner of last weeks Ribbon Reel Challenge so don't forget to pop on over to check and see who's won that lovely prize - it could be you!

Here's my card:-


Papers - Graphic 45 'Steampunk Debutante'
Tim Holtz - Cogs, Swirl and Flower Dies
Liquid Pearls
Brads from Stash
Card Candy and 8 x 8 Scalloped Card Blank from Craftwork Cards




Lynda xxx

14 comments:

  1. Think youve rised to the challenge wonderfully - love those papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lynda it just gets better and better. Love the look and the cogs and flowers work so well, and love the pearls around the florish.

    Hugs Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colours on this card are divine. I love Steampunk with a Lynda twist (think that is the liquid pearls!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lynda ! I love everything about it, maybe Steampunk is your thing ?? Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow lynda...love it...absolutely gorgeous....big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! So different to some of your previous posts but I love, love, LOVE everything about this card...it's fabulous!!
    Hope you have a great weekend...
    Love and hugs, Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an extraordinary image that you've used, a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow, Lynda, this is stunning. I would've run a mile from this challenge, Steampunk is something I hear a lot but know nothing about except that it has lots of industrial stuff in it!!!!
    Now I've seen your card I love it and need to find out more. What a gorgeous image and the papers you've used for the flowers are lovely.
    funny, we seem to have been playing wth the same toys today. I have been using Tim's dies and liquid pearls too!!
    Hope you have a great weekend despite the weather.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Lynda ~ I love it :o)

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you've captured the theme perfectly but without losing your own personal style. The flowers are stunning and I love the rich colours. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow fabulous card Linda, so different for you, I had to google what Steampunk meant and you have nailed it, love it
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous - I love the combination of the romance of the image and the flowers combined with all those more functional cogs and stuff. I was really apprehensive about this one, but I had a ball making my card in the end - as you say, a challenge is a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated