Friday, 6 November 2009

Daring Cardmakers - Getting Krafty!

Jo has set the challenge this week over at Daring Cardmakers and forever being 'on trend' she has come up with the following fab dare:-

Using Kraft cardstock :) Either as a card base or somewhere on the card - if you don't have any you could use some card board such as corrugated or even a brown kraft envelope...

The rest of the Design Team have created some amazing cards so why don't you pop on over for some inspiration and maybe have a go yourselves and leave us a link so we can come and have a look at what you make. We've also got a fabulous new Guest Designer who's going to be with us through to the end of December so I'd like to say a big Hello and welcome to the lovely and very talented Vicki aka Dolly - it's good to have you on board... and it's a sad farewell to Janice who has been with us for the past month and has made some amazing cards. Thanks Janice we'll miss you!

Here's my card:-


A very quick and simple one from me this week - not something that happens very often - it usually takes me ages to finish a card!

Card Base - Bazzill Kraft Card Stock
Background Paper from DCWV Green Stack
Tree and Monster Bird? are Die Cuts from Crate Paper "Little Sprout" Collection
(I think the little monster IS a bird - what do you think?)
Scenic Route Alphabet Stickers and Melissa Frances Rub-Ons
The 'apples' on the tree are Card Candy that I have glittered
and to finish off I got the sewing machine out and ran a couple of rows of stitching around the edges.



Lynda xxx

17 comments:

  1. I wish I could sew like that. And the card candy is an inspired extra! wonderful card as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Lynda, that owlis so cute, I love those card candies too.

    Big hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda hun

    this is gorgeous! I loves the owl

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fun card - the card candy just adds that finishing touch to such a wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may have been quick and simple but so well put together. Yep the monster looks like a bird to me - an owl I think! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Lynda,
    love the apples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card - that little monster is just so cute and the apples look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I freakin love it Lynda!! That is the cutest lil monster EVER!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a funky and fun card, I love it

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely, fun card Lynda.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw thanks for that Lynda, I had a lot of fun and I'll still be playing along. Love your funky card, the tree is just brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lynda your card is so `tweet` I think your monstor is cute whatever it is...
    I think and owl....
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is adorable..I luv it...have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT card! So unique and so funny!!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monring Lynda

    This is just adorable, such a cutie.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastic- love the little monster - could be a bird... could be a frog lol. Stitching looks amazing and definitely admiring the tree :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated