Thursday, 26 November 2009

A Very Sad Day

It's been a very sad day for Mark and I as we 'lost' our 2 precious cats this morning. Flossy was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer earlier this week after having a biopsy a fortnight ago and Oscar's health had also deteriorated to a point where we had to make the awful decision of letting them go to sleep. We thought it was best that they go together under the circumstances.

This is the reason I've been a little quiet of late as I just haven't got the heart to craft at the moment and I'm sorry that I have not been to visit my crafting buddies for the last few days.

My DT stuff will still be shown on the appropriate blogs as I'd managed to get in front with that and I will try and get back here soon.


Lynda xxx

21 comments:

  1. Oh Lynda..I'm so sorry..being a cat lover myself I know exactly what you're going through...Have a hug hun..xxx...and as much as it hurts.. you know you did the kindest thing for them...thinking of you..
    love
    Jan...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynda. I'm so sorry. I'm sat here typing this with tears in my eyes. We have two cats and I can't imagine being without them. If it helps, which it probably doesn't I think you did the kindest thing letting them both go together.
    I'm sending you lots of Love and Hugs.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynda my heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and Mark. It must be devastating to lose such beautiful babies x I hope they are happy together in cat heaven x Love and Hugs Pascale x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynda...much love to you and Mark I am so very sorry to read this, the tears are streaming down my face.....i can't begin to imagine how you must both be feeling...they are such a huge part of our lives and so devastating to lose them....so very brave of you both to let them go together....

    Sending a huge hug
    Carol x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lynda, I'm so sorry. Hugs to you both. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Lynda - thats horrible - you made the best decision - and how lovely to let them go together. I used to work in a vets and you will always have the comfort of knowing you made the right decision at the right time - something many owners fight against. Well done for your bravery - we lost our pet rat on Monday so could you tell them to leave him alone if they meet him - he used to bully our cats something rotten and I dont want Oscar and Flossy paying him back! LOL - hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss, Lynda,when we lost our dog, earlier in the year, my little grandaughter Grace said that her other grandma who died last year was looking after him, nice to think that all the people we loved and lost and all the pets meet up in heaven.
    I know it is so hard to do,when we love our pets so much, but you did the kindest thing.

    My thoughts are with you both,
    Love and hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for you and Mark. You made the best decision but this is little consolation when all you want to do is to keep them. I hope they are now happy together.
    Sending lots of love to both of you. Petra. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry Lynda, to lose them both at the same time must be devastating for you.

    I love the names Flossy and Oscar and they are both very very beautiful.

    Gentle hugs hunny

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you can take comfort in knowing you did the right thing in letting them both go. Keep your chin up. Lots of love Vicky xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. my heart goes out to you both.Much love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just dropped in to look at your beautiful cards..i am sooo sorry for the loss of your beloved cats...my guess is that they had a most wonderful life with you but the missing so so real hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  13. {{hugs}} I'm so sad for you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no Lynda - I am soooo sorry to hear of your news. How terrible to lose both of your little kitties.

    Baby and Max (our kitties) send you and Mark big warm fuzzy hugs.

    Take care
    Deanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynda sending you huge hugs, I am so very sorry to hear your sad news. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry to hear your sad news, sending hugs.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Lynda, I'm so sorry, such a hard decision to make but for the best in the end. Lots of hugs being sent your way. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, I'm so sorry.
    hugs Rein

    ReplyDelete
  19. You already know I'm thinking of you Lynda. Take care Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG Lynda I am so sorry about your cats, how awful, I have 7 cats, 4 girls and 3 kittens, I Love them so much and would hate anything to happen to them, you are in my thought at this very sad time. Huge Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry to hear your news. I have always enjoyed the pics of your cats.take care

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated