Friday, 13 November 2009

DCM - Scraplings

This week it's Paula's first time to set a Dare over at Daring Cardmakers and what a fabulous theme she has chosen!

Scraplings

Scraplings are little narrow cards made from scrap cardstock. You know how when you make a card from a a piece of A4 or Letter sized cardstock you're left with an off-cut? Well that's the basis of a Scrapling. When folded in half, the Scrapling's card front will measure roughly 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" , though this depends of course on the size of card you were making in the first place!

So, dig out your scraps and make either a card or a gift tag!

Here's mine:-


Stamped Image is 'Majestic' by Penny Black
Distress Inks
Stickles
Scraps of My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey and Craftwork Cards DPs
Sentiments - Melissa Francis, Doodlebug Designs and Craftwork Cards
Felt Rik Rak Ribbon



Lynda xxx

16 comments:

  1. these scraplings are just gorgeous - they have really fired everyone's creativity. I love those trees so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Lynda I am definately going to join in with this one. I love this style of card at the momentx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are gorgeous little beauties Lynda...loving your style x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Lynda, that tree is just fab. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooh - Lynda, those are awesome!!! What great trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful Lynda. Love the way they work so well together, the stamp is fab and the shading is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore these Lynda! I love your use of distress inks and that tree was one I hankered after at the Harrogate show but didn't have the funds!! Just stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fab Lynda. I've got loads of these bits of cards.Maybe Scraplings are the way forward ! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Lynda, they say you learn something every day and Scraplings are a new one to me and these are all so very elegant.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of scraplings before, these are so inspiring though I'm going to have to give them a try

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these Lynda,
    and as you know that's my favourite stamp.
    what a good idea, I've also made magnetic bookmarks with those scraps.

    Big Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous Lynda.....love that tree!!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Afternoon Lynda. I've just been admiring another Bloggers Scrapplings, I'd never heard of them before and then here's you doing the same thing!! These are gorgeous. I love the trees. I really must give this idea a try.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are absolutely gorgeous Lynda. I love those trees.

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful cards! Thank you so much for the comment onb my blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated