Friday, 6 August 2010

Daring Cardmakers - Peridot

It's the beginning of a new month so that means over at Daring Cardmakers we're continuing with our birthstone theme:-

The August birthstone is the
Peridot
The colour of the peridot can range from lime, yellowish green, olive green to medium dark green.
As well as being the birthstone for August, Peridots are also the gemstone for the 16th Wedding anniversary
The Peridot is the National gem of Egypt. The Ancient Egyptians called the Peridot “the gem of the sun”.
They are associated with love, truth, faithfulness and loyalty, and also with fame, dignity, and protection
We'd like you to make a card using this lovely gemstone as your starting point. You could use the history, myths and qualities of the stone as your inspiration, and/or use the beautiful yellow-green colour in your creations.

Here's my card:-


Image - 'Prom Queen' by Stampotique
(I'm getting addicted to these wonderful images)

Stamped with Memento Ink and Coloured with Copics/ProMarkers
Clothes, Hair and Eyes highlighted with Diamond Glaze
Grass Stamp - Craftwork Cards
Distress Inks
Paper - Pebbles Inc
Core'dinations and Bazzill Card Stock
Stampin' Up Scallop Border Punch
Computer Generated Sentiments
Swarovski Crystals from Craftwork Cards
Stickles Glitter Glue




Lynda xxx

11 comments:

  1. Another fabulous card and stunning combination of colours! And I can definitely see why you're getting addicted to those images...love them! :)

    Thanks for your lovely comment over on my blog and I hope you have a fabulous weekend, too!!
    Love and hugs,
    Emma
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this card - love the stamp, the quote, the colours - and the way you've put it all together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Lynda, love the colours really striking ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Lynda, great image, she looks like I feel in the mornings.

    Great card layout too.
    thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

    Big Hugs Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous sweetie, the image is really sweet and i love the papers you have chosen, big hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card lynda and hey I wouldn't dare not be her friend....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, like the brightness of it. Very nice sentiment too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these girls so kooky with the red hair, and the grass really sets the scene. So clever.
    Hope you're not too bogged down with the xmas DT stuff. Relieved I've just finished mine! Will be watching out for your cards on C&C on Monday.
    :)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ya Lynda
    fabulous card, awesome colouring, lovely papers & design hun, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynda.

    Had to chuckle when I first saw this card. I love it, it is such a fun card, especially for a teenager.

    Love Susanx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, great image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated