Sunday, 31 May 2009

Polka Doodles Challenge No. 2 and DCM Challenge - Take 5

Isn't it just the best weekend weatherwise and doesn't it lift the spirits when the sun shines. We've been pond building, BBQing and generally soaking up the rays over the last couple of days (more of that today too). So I decided that to keep my time indoors to a minimum I would try and combine a couple of challenges this week. I don't normally do that so I hope I will be forgiven for wanting to take advantage of the great weather we're having at the moment.
On Daring Cardmakers this week the challenge as follows:-

Take Five

The team would like you to make a card that features five things that are the same. So that could be five circles, five brads, five birds, five ribbons or five of anything you like really, as long as you can fit them on your card!

And on Polka Doodles Freddie Foo Foo as given us this super sketch:-
And this is my card:-
I'm sorry about the quality of the photographs - the sunshine does have some drawbacks!!! I think you can see the background of the card in the 2nd photo is creamier than in the 1st - that's the better likeness.
Instead of using the "old bit of cardboard" on my card this week I decided to make it my card base just for a change . Ive used the super duper papers (that I think are from the new Sugar Birdies CD) that Nikky sent me and for the "5" elements - Ive used 5 card candy, Ive punched out 5 small daisies and Ive used 5 Patties Pretties for the centres. There's lots and lots of stitching and a bit of doodling and the rub-ons are by Melissa Frances.

Thanks for looking and I hope you all enjoy the rest of the sunshine.



Lynda xxx

10 comments:

  1. Lynda,

    This card is fabulous!!The way you used the sketch, the papers,... great work!! And all your details...stitching, using paper for the flowers,... Lovely, lovely work!!!
    So good to see you again at the Polka Doodles Challenge!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, and I love how you combined the challenges! (Its beautifully sunny here in NI too, but I'm just cooling off at the minute and doing some bloghopping!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you turned the sketch around and stitched over and under the squares, super card/ Thanks for joining us at PolkaDoodles
    hugs
    En x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you did it again! Lovely card!! thanks for joining in the Polka Doodles challenge!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card it is fab! So pretty. Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like this - nice and bold but beautifully co-ordinated! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodles Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Lynda - that flower looks fab. Great to see you taking part in the What a clever idea, all the layering looks great - five layers are just perfect for the DCM challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Double marks there Lynda for the five punched Daises and five Patties Pretties!

    And such a pretty card.

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous card Lynda! Love the flowers and stitching! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Lynda & love all the details you have added. Thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles Challenge.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated