Monday, 1 June 2009

Winter Wonderland - Oh Christmas Tree!

There's another new challenge blog called Winter Wonderland that's well worth a visit. Their first challenge is the theme of "Oh Christmas Tree" so whilst I was hiding from the strong rays of Mr Sunshine this morning I came up with this card:-


Background paper is from one of the Christmas Collections by Basic Grey (possibly Fruitcake but I'm not sure) mounted onto Brown Bazzill. Trees are cut from Daisy Bucket's "Mistletoe Kisses" paper and mounted onto some Red Bazzill. I cut some thin strips of brown card and criss crossed them over the card and then used micro beads, flower soft and stickles to create a snowy element. Sentiment created using my Dymo LetraTag and the stars from my sewing stash. Before I mounted the main image onto the card I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Border Folder on each side as I thought it needed something just to "lift" the card.

A lovely way to prepare for Christmas!!



Lynda xxx

12 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda, oh I love your card, the trees look gorgeous, The snowy effect is beautiful, love the combination of products you used to create it. Thanks for spreading some christmas cheer and joining us at winter wonderland this week. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lynda this is perfect!!! There is such a lot to look at here and every element is fabulous!! The papers are gorgeous and it all works together so neatly! I'm so glad you found us - I hope you stick with us and enjoy your gentle ride to Christmas! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is superb Lynda!!!! I love the way you have made the snow it looks so effective.
    Thank you for joining in the fun this week at Winter Wonderland,
    Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Lynda, really love it. Love the snow and the sentiment using the Dymo! Off to look on Ebay for one now... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda this is gorgeous!!! I'm really liking this modern look ... I'm going to try it myself :o)

    Thank you for joining in with our first challenge at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Lynda, a great Crimbo card!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card i love the swiss dots xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the snow effect particularily...I can almost hear it crunching! Totally fab card, thanks so much for joining in with us, hope to see you again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card!!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like your color combo and the use of micro beads looks great all together

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Huni!!! This is gorgeous I am loving the colours and those trees are fab!!! Thanx 4 joining us at Winter Wonderland this week!!! Luv n Hugs Lesley xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated