Monday, 15 June 2009

Winter Wonderland - Let it Snow!

I'm really getting into my Christmas cards now since joining in with the challenges at Winter Wonderland. The theme this week is "Let it Snow"


Stamps:-
"Snowman Bearing Gift" - Woodware
"Frosty White Wintertime Snow" - Hero Arts
Background Paper - Basic Grey
Nestabilities - Curved Rectangle
Copics
Distress Inks:- Faded Jeans and Spiced Marmalade
Microbeads

This snowman stamp is one of my all time favourites for Christmas cards and I've used him every year since I bought him so he was worth every penny. I stamped him twice, cut one of the images out with the nestabilities, distressed the background and drew snow and snowflakes with glue and sprinkled on microbeads. I cut the second image out and attached with 3d foam pads. I stamped the sentiment, cut out each word and mounted onto a distressed background and attached to card with 3d foam pads.


Lynda xxx

13 comments:

  1. Hi me again Lynda, love this one it is super. I love your layout the writing down the side looks great and the snowman pops from that yummy paper.
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Winter Wonderland hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the papers, the colours, the image .... he's just brill! This is a fab card Lynda!

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week!

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda, love Mr Frosty and well done on getting into the Cupcake top 5, I did so like that creation of yours, so well deserved.

    Have a good day.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Lynda, posted before I finished, meant to say well done on Allsorts top five as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Lynda, love that little snowman. It's making me feel cooler just looking at those snowflakes...:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet card Lynda!
    i love the image! thats really adorable. its not just me who likes to use the winter stamps now hahaha. thank you sweetie

    hugs
    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I love the background you've put your snowman on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda,

    I LOVE!!! your card, gorgeous colours and fantastic details, just so beautiful.

    Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful - I LOVE what you did with the microbeads.. very inspired. I'll have to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to say I love your blog, all your cards are brilliant.

    Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card! xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lynda, this is just wonderful!!!! Every inch of it is perfect - your colours, shading, LO, embellies - absolutely brilliant!!! I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself with our themes and I know what you mean about having a healthy looking Christmas Card stash already - I'm really excited about having all this free time nearer the date!!! Thank you so much for playing along again - hope we see you on Sunday again! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated