Friday, 30 April 2010

Daring Cardmakers - Easel Does It!

Where is the time going? I can't believe it is Friday again already!

Over at Daring Cardmakers our lovely Paula has set the Dare this week:-

Easel Does it
This weeks challenge is to make an easel card. There's a big clue in the title, huh?
They are so very popular at the moment but I'm hoping at least some of you will be up for my extra "sting in the tail" to this Dare - I don't want it to be too easy, you know....what I'd really love is to see what type of shape (other than a square) you can come up with using the basic Easel card idea.
So you can go for the easy option and make the simple version of the easel card, or if you're brave enough,go for the shaped option.
Do you dare?

My Card:-


I love the 'onesie' cards that I have seen all over blogland so I thought I would try and adapt one to fit with the extra challenge of making 'your easel card a different shape!' This is the best photograph I could get of the whole card and I don't like the way the sentiment is showing but I promise it does look a lot better 'in real life'.


Papers - 'Little Boy Blue' collection from Craftwork Cards
Bazzill Card Stock
Circle and Scallop Circle Punches
Nestabilities and Shapeabilities (Ribbon Tag)
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Sentiments - Computer Generated
Pearls - Hobby House
Buttons and Ribbon from Stash



Lynda xxx

15 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Lynda
    gorgeous that is really special.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute Lynda. You DCM girls are such a clever bunch, always so inspiring. Enjoy your weekend. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just so clever and pretty. I love the clean lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully crafted and very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so Cute Lynda, you're very good at doing cute.
    What a good idea an easel card with a difference.

    Big Hugs Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda This is just gorgeous. I've been a bit fed up of seeing easel cards but yours is triple wow. You should be submitting this to a magazine. Love Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh..this is gorgeous lynda...what a great take on the challenge...will have to get my thinking cap on for this one....big hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lynda this is really lovely ! The shape has worked out beautifully, I love the way you've edged the arms and legs. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how you did this one Lynda! It is awesome! I have yet to tackle a easel card - I wouldn't even know where to begin LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Linda
    Amazing, saw this at work but was unable to comment could not wait to get home to let you know that it is awesome
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well it appears that everyone has said it all.
    Such a clever and talented person. You seem to do them so quickly as well.
    Love Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda
    wow hun what an amazing card, that is so clever, gorgeous keepsake, have great weekend hun, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is just adorable, Lynda. Everything you've done here works perfectly together, you have such a great eye for detail and style

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks perfect! You're a talented lady. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated