Sunday, 18 April 2010

Penny Black Saturday - Week 97

Here's my card for this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge - the theme is:-

MONOCHROMATIC BROWN
we would like to see you use the colour brown in all it's different shades


Main Image is Penny Black 'Flying Stars'
Stamped with Versamark and embossed with White Opaque Embossing Powder
Kraft Card Stock
Bazzill Card Stock
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Nestabilities
Ribbler
Tiny Alphas - Making Memories
Pearls - Hobby House
Background and Butterfly - Hero Arts Antique Background
Stamped with Vintage Photo Distress Ink

I've used loads of Stickles on the main image and butterfly and they're very sparkly but sadly you can't see that on the photograph - the colours are much softer too but this was the nearest match I could get.



Lynda xxx

14 comments:

  1. Lynda this is really lovely - love how delicate that stamps looks when embossed in white on the monochrome - lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi lynda
    How beautiful is this, its gorgeous, so elegant and the colour is fab.
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is a stunning card!
    Absolutely beautiful Lynda.
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Lynda. Simply stunning.
    Susanx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. Who wold think brown could look so good. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Lynda, what a great job, it looks super, love the butterfly, must try using my TH more, such an inspiration.

    Big Hugs Carol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is stunning. The colours work really well. Love it.
    Hugs Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh this is absolutley gorgeous Lynda, I love it to bits
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What can I say except to repeat what everyone else has said, stunning, georgeous, beautiful, elegant, not to mention a comment from you know who, which is very rare.
    Love Kath

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Lynda, those colours look so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  11. truly stunning lynda...and I love your stickle effect.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful Lynda, I find your whole card feels very calming to me, if y\ou know what I mean! I loved this challenge too and had a lot of fun with it.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Lynda. I love that stamp and the background one too. Doesn't the brown work well, it gives it a lovely vintage feel.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated