Sue has set the following dare this week at Daring Cardmakers:-
So my dare this week is to make inchies and put just five of them on your card.
There’s no set theme, colour or shape, I’m just intrigued to see how many different ways you can arrange the five tiny squares.
I recently bought a set of "'inchie" type clear stamps called Winter Wonderland by Inkadinkado so this dare was just perfect for me to try them out.
I really struggled with the arrangement of the 5 squares until I had a brain wave to add another element to even things up!
To make the Inchies I used Staz On to stamp the images, then coloured them with Distress Inks (Broken China and Pine Needles). I then heat embossed the edges with Gold embossing powder, added some more colour using Copics and a white Souffle pen, then finished off with Swarovski crystals and Stickles.
Other items used:-
Poinsettia - Hero Arts
Bazzill Card Stock
Scallop Border Punch - Stampin Up
Background paper is an oddment from my stash
This is the first time I have ever made inchies and I must say I really, really enjoyed it. They are quite time consuming but well worth the effort.
Lynda xxx
Perfect, Lynda
ReplyDeleteThe arrangement looks great and so do those dinky images
Great card Lynda!
ReplyDeleteI’m loving those stamps, especially the snowflake and the ones with the trees. I can see them being so versatile.
Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmakers this week.
Sue
x
Morning Lynda,
ReplyDeleteSo very pleased - assume you have checked in at Allsorts this monring ? Sorry if I'm ahead of the game, you know I can be excitable !!
And love your inchies above, going to take a closer look now. Already have a few of the Inkadinado sets of these, but nothing Christmas yet, but they are all so versatile, although I needed to think outside the box at first - it's this thing about liking a big wooden stamp in my hand.
B x
Lovely card, those stamps are perfect aren't they?
ReplyDeleteLovely card, the stamping is exquisite.
ReplyDelete