Saturday, 13 June 2009

Daring Cardmakers - Sizzling Hot!

Keryn has set the challenge this week:-

"Here in New Zealand we're in the middle of winter. Not snow like some of you get but we think it's cold all the same. I want to see card creations using only sizzling hot yellow based colours like red, orange and yellow to send some heat out to us through the web."


I used Stampin Up stamps to create all the images on this card and they were from the following sets:-
Polka Dot (background)
Petal Pizzazz (background and cut out flowers)
Summer by the Sea (main image)
Best Yet - sentiment

Distress Inks used:-
Vintage Photo, Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade

Ive glittered the flower centres, used a Sakura Clear Gelly Roll glitter pen to outline the main image and added faux stitching.

It's a good job the distress inks wash off the hands well as I would look like someone who has a 60 ciggy a day habit if not! Prefer my addiction any time lol.


Lynda xxx

8 comments:

  1. This is just fab Lynda. I've used distress inks on my ICS card for next week, but I'm looking at it now compared to yours and mine just looks dirty! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Lynda! It really is very warm with all the orangey tones.....just lovely :)
    I love stampin-up stuff....have toyed with the idea a few times ....maybe one day!!
    Have a lovely Sunday....

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda what a gorgeous warm card you've created. Great to see ideas using two of the stamp sets I own and another on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous warm card. :) I love your faux stitching, it looks very real!

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Lynda, the oranges all works so perfectly - your shading is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such warm colours and fantastic use of the colours together i love your card, hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card Lynda, so warm feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful card Lynda......love the orange tones, the flowers are gorgeous......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated