Saturday, 20 June 2009

DCM Challenge - Missing You

Lythan has set the challenge this week at DCM as follows:-
Miss you
Make a card that shares your love with someone - it could be missing you, thinking of you, across the miles - just let you imagination take flight, as the wonderful design team have! I look forward to whiling away my lonely hours by visiting your blogs!
I am so into my stamping and distressing at the moment and I have got to say that I have been totally inspired by Kath - her cards are out of this world and she never fails to amaze me at her creativity.

I have had the "Thinking of You" Collage stamp from Hero Arts for ages and have never used it simply because I didn't really know what to do with it. I am one of those people who makes impulse purchases simply because "I like it" and not that I need it - ring any bells with anyone ? lol. Anyway glad I bought it now as it was perfect for the challenge this week.
Stamps - Thinking of You Collage - Hero Arts
Carols Cube - Judikins (Daisy flower)
Background Script - Dimension Fourth
Vine Leaf - Heidi Grace
Tiny Flower from "Season of Joy" set - Stampin Up
Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Fired Brick and Peeled Paint
Ive used Card Candy for the flower centres and highlighted a few areas with Stickles

I still think I need a little more practice with the distressing inks as it is a little bit "rough" in places but I am enjoying it so that is the main thing.


Lynda xxx

6 comments:

  1. there's nowt wrong with your distressing Lynda. I think your card is fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning card Lynda. I love all the flowers on this but particuarly the little one it actually stands out to me. Love the distressing too. Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real beauty, gorgeous background, lovely colours and fab flowers.
    Thank you for making this one for our dare this week, it's perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Lynda....love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful and elegant cards, love the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW, that’s one amazing card Lynda.
    The stamping and distressing look perfect if you ask me and the colours are fabulous.

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated