Thursday, 11 June 2009

ICSketches #20

Another great sketch from Dawn over at ICSketches this week.

I decided to turn the sketch anti-clockwise by 90 degrees and I actually used a C6 card for a change. I don't usually go for this size but I didn't want to lose the image in acres of paper! I tried the distressing again but I'm not that happy with it today - I need more practice (any excuse lol).


My card:-

Stamp - Laura Ashley mounted onto scrap cardboard
Distress Ink Pads - Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo and Spiced Marmalade
Papers - K & Co
Rub On - Melissa Frances
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles
Faux stitching
Other items used:- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Swiss Dots)
and Martha Stewart Doily Lace Border Punch


Thanks for looking.



Lynda xxx

13 comments:

  1. OMGoodness Lynda I absolutely love exactly what you did with the sketch. I'm speechless! Girl that distress it out of this world, gorgeous touch to the whole card! Lovely job and thank you so much for playing along! ;)
    ♥Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Lynda, the distressing looks great, it goes so well with the K&Co papers.
    Thanks for joining in at ICS, hope to see you again :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, another stunning card, I love the colours the image, all of it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! I love the edging and glad you played along again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a wonderful card, i love the image and great choice of papers. hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely card and the added stitching on it!! great job using the IC sketch this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! I think you did an amazing job with the sketch this week. your papers, stitching and stamping are flawless! so glad you were able to play along this week at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty. love the colors and that stamp. thanks for playing along at ICS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so different being rotated and fab with it!!!

    Thanks for taking part at ICS this week.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the elegance of your card Lynda - love all that layering and distressing, wonderful work using ICS #20

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh `WoW`Your card is `beautiful`
    Thanks for joining in with I-C-S this week Lynda..
    and `thankyou` for your sweet wishes:) x
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the distressed vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated