Monday, 8 June 2009

Winter Wonderland - A Christmas Carol

This week the challenge at Winter Wonderland is to make something with a Christmas Carol theme. So I picked "Away in a Manger" as I have the cutest Penny Black Stamp that just fitted the bill. I absolutely love the vintage look but haven't been too successful in achieving it before so I have been having a good old play with my Distress Ink Pads and I think I have finally cracked it. I am so pleased with myself as I have created something that I thought was completely out of my comfort zone. I will be doing more cards like this and I think a few more shades of Distress Ink will be needed now.



Stamps Used:-
Penny Black - "All Creatures"
Dimension Fourth - Old Fashioned Script
Magnolia - Swirl
Hobby Art - Pine Branch
Stampin Up - Poinsettia from "Season of Joy" set
Impression Obsession - Holly from "Holly Cube"

Ive used Copics to add a bit of shading to the main image and Card Candy for the flower centres.



Lynda xxx

10 comments:

  1. Hihi.... so cute!!! Beautiful card!!!

    Greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I LOVE this! It's a really beautiful, fun card .... well done!

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week :o)

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Lynda and you nailed the distress inks! Love the image and the layout. Thanks for playing along again at winter Wonderland,
    Hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute or what!!! its fab xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda, super card, I adore what you have done with your distress inks, this images looks fab in these colours tones. thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've certainly cracked the distress inks. I'm still playing with mine and am not quite there yet.. This is another fab card :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work with the distress inks! They are my ink of choice right now...but beware, the more you play with them the more you will love them...the more you love them, the more you will have to have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh!! how adorable is this card!! so so cute!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous card..i love this image!!! Thanx for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated