Sunday, 12 July 2009

Daring Cardmakers - Russian!

Well Rein has really got the old grey matter working with this week's challenge. This is what she set:-

It's Rein here this week and as our Russian girl Irina is here staying with us again my dare is put a matryoshka or another typical Russian element like dress, architecture, or... ..... on your card.

I haven't got anything in my card making stash that shouts out Russian so the only solution here was to turn to the internet and Google - "Russian Images" "Russian Song Scripts" "Russian Architecture" "Russian Dolls" - you name it I Googled it lol.

I found a couple of images I liked and then thought about the sentiment. So back to Google once again!

My card:-


All Images are computer generated
Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Shabby Shutters and Broken China
Star and Spiral Punches from Stampin Up
Card Candy and eyelets

So I'm sending a big "Hello" to Irina .... I hope the Russian translation is correct but I don't really know if the Vodka element is very appropriate!!!




Lynda xxx

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic collage Lynda, great take on my challenge.
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love what you've done with the distress inks on this one, it's just fab, really creative. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant card. The inking means that the images don't look computer generated at all

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card Lynda.
    It’s great to see something a little different and I love all the inking.

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I really love how you've got to grips with this week's theme and made this truly inspirational card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its amazing - love it. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated