In complete contrast to the quick and easy card I made for Polka Doodles this week - this card has taken me quite a bit longer to complete.
For the main image I first stamped Santa (EZMount Stamp from Posh) using Fired Brick distress ink, masked him out and then stamped the sleigh (Magnolia Stamp), masked Santa and sleigh and then stamped the trees (Magnolia Stamp). Keeping the masks on Santa and the sleigh I then used distress inks (Broken China, Shabby Shutters and Tattered Rose) to create the background and then used the "Field of Sky" stamp to add a bit of contrast.
I then used Copics to colour the trees, sleigh, presents and Santa's boots, belt and gloves. I added a Melissa Frances Rub-on Sentiment and faux stitching to the edge.
To finish off I used Woodware Fluffy Stuff and Glamour Dust on Santa's fluffy bits and mustache and just around the edge of his beard. I let this dry naturally instead of heat setting it.
After matting and layering, the image was placed on a background paper from HOTP that I decorated with a Sizzix Swirl, Prima Flowers and Liquid Pearls.
The card is also a large square one - I've used a Craftwork Cards 8" x 8" card blank.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have making it.
Lynda xxx
It's beautiful Lynda! You've reminded me that I must try this technique soon! I love the image you have created. The flowers and papers are gorgeous too"
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us again at Winter Wonderland.
Teri xx
A beautiful card Lynda. xxxx
ReplyDeletehehehe this is gorgoeus!!! I love the image and colours...Thanx 4 playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week!! Hugs Lesley xxx
ReplyDeleteOh wow fantastic work of art Lynda. Thanks for sharing all the techniques. Thanks or joining us again hugs Pascale
ReplyDeleteWow there is so much work in this, it's just beautiful. Those colours on the background are lovely. I really must try harder with my distress inks, you make them look stunning.
ReplyDeleteLisax
Fantastic!
ReplyDeletehehehe what a cute card xx jo xx
ReplyDelete