Friday, 24 July 2009

DCM Challenge - On the Edge!

Thank goodness for Daring Cardmakers this week. I've missed a few challenges recently due to some kind of crafting block - I suppose it happens to us all at some time or another. I still don't think I am back to 100% yet but this card came together quite quickly so am hopeful!

The challenge this week:-

We'd love to see you making use of all sorts of border treatments; scallops, trims, pleats, or anything else which makes the edges of your papers and cards look special. You could use Border Punches, Die Cutters, Lace, Fancy Trims and that's just for starters - let your imagination live right on the edge this week - or maybe even go right over the edge!

I used a selection of Sizzix flower dies to cut out the flower in felt which I then hand stitched and beaded. I matched the colours to some DCWV textured card stock and used Fiskars Apron Lace and Martha Stewart Doily Lace Border Punches, a strip of self adhesive paper lace and an Embossed Border from Craftwork Cards to create the base. Sentiment is from the "Oval All" set from Stampin Up cut out with their Oval and Scallop Oval matching punches. Just to finish off I added some stickles to the flowers on the border at the top just to give them a "lift" but it's not evident on the photo, sorry!



Lynda xxx

14 comments:

  1. I love your felt flower - and some of my favourite punches too. Really super card Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I just love felt and stitched flowers... so fun to work with!!
    Your colours are so bright and happy!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad your crafting Mojo has returned Lynda but judging by your card I would never have guesses it had left in the first place.

    Great card!

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh this is lovely! Great colours - fabulous use of all those punches and the felt flower is just wonderful. Clever stuff, Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know what you mean. I've been shuffling paper around for hours this week with nothing looking right, looks like you're back to full crafting strength with this card.
    Love the bright colours and that felt flower, all my favourite things. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean - the block has hit me several times recently! But you've turned out a wonderful card. Love all of those scallops and the lovely big flower. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bright summery colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynda I always find your work inspiring.
    This one is so cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Lynda

    What a nice theme for this challenge (yet to even go check it out,let alonde do it - such has been my last week or so) and what a great job you have done with it, so unique and well thought out.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynda, I love the scalloped edging and the stitching on your lovely stitched flower. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic felt flower I love it. Your mojo is fine. hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your flower! Great idea! Very creative. I worry about getting designer's block too. Hasn't happened yet but always wondered if it could. I used to write for magazines and would often get writer's block. Didn't know if it could happen here but if you got it....I guess so!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow loving this one Lynda...gorgeous felt flower and it looks like mojo is back...I know the crafters block can be a pain in the bum
    Hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful - your stitching is so neat compared to any of my attempts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated