Friday, 9 October 2009

Daring Cardmakers - Autumn Purple

I just can't believe it Friday again! so soon! How quick are the weeks flying by?

The only good thing is that it means there is another fab Dare over at Daring Cardmakers so why don't you pop over to see what the rest of the DT have come up with for inspiration and have a go yourself. We love to come and have a look at what you've all created.

Vanessa has set the Dare this week as follows:-

This week we're seeing purple! You can blame me (Vanessa) for this one. I'm not a great fan of purple, but after wandering through the streets browsing the shop windows of my new town, I saw lots of purple going on in the fashion displays. So that is your brief for this week! :) Anything goes as long as the predominate colour is purple.

My card:-


I don't have much in the way of purple in my crafting stash but after a major rummage I found two papers that matched up quite well. They're by Daisy Bucket and DCWV. I also found some gorgeous Bazzill Bling card stock too so that was the main papers sorted! The creamy/brown lined paper unfortunately doesn't have any manufacturer's name on it but it was perfect for printing the quote onto.

Other items used:-
Scalloped Edge Frame by Spellbinders
Woodware Leaf Punch
Tim Holtz "Love" Adage Ticket (I used some rub-ons to add the word "with")
Prima - Windsor Rose
Large Purple Flower and Ribbon from stash
Card Candy - coloured with Copics




Lynda xxx

20 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the colours in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful card and quote....adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lynda

    I seem to have missed your previous post, sorry I just don't know where this week has gone, one of those weeks were I am constantly chasing my tail.

    I know what you mean about purple, I always find it's one of the most difficult colours to find decent DP's. Do like you combo of adding the orange with the purple, works very well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Lynda, and well done making a card with limited resources, and I love that colour combo.

    Big Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda..
    Your card is so `beautiful`..I love how you used the colour purpe...
    funny how we lend our hand to some colours better than others..I can never seem to create with purples too...
    Yours is `gorgeous` TFS
    Have a fab weekend:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, so elegant!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well for saying you haven't got much in the way of purple this is beautiful ! The design, colours and the flower are perfect ! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely fab Lynda, you'd think you always worked with purple. It's beautiful, the accents of orange really make it 'pop'. (look at me with the crafty lingo! lol) :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Lynda, love the touch of orange. Its a fab sentiment too, must make a note of that one. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fab card, Lynda and another spellbinders die for my shopping list.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. like the huge flower on the card and thanks for visiting my blog today

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynda. The purple and orange look great together, what a fab combination. I love the flower and that quote is one of my favourites.
    I know what you mean about the weeks flying, they seem to get faster as the year goes on!!
    Have a lovely weekend.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh ooooh ooooh!! Lynda - this is fantastic!!! I love the flower you used - it all just goes together so well :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning Lynda, love the flower, sentiment.....everything! I can't let a DCM dare pass me by, so off to dig out some purple (not my favourite colour, but I'm sure I have some, somewhere)
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous quote Lynda. The orange highlights set off the purple perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lynda,thanks for visiting my blog to see my purple card.
    I love your card and especially the text is excellent,one to remember!

    Greetings from Stempelientje

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lynda, this is just gorgeous! great job!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated