I was in a right old flap when I saw the theme for this week's Winter Wonderland challenge. Gingerbread! I haven't got anything in my crafting stash that even remotely says "gingerbread" so I had to have a real ponder over this one. After putting my thinking cap on though I remembered I had seen cards with recipes on them so that was the start - look on t'internet for a simple recipe - got that done! Then I looked for a template for a gingerbread man and found one. I reduced the sizing and printed a couple onto the back of some card stock cut them out and decorated them with liquid pearls (before decorating the little men I used an embossing tool around the edges just to take away the sharpness of them being cut out by scissors).
I quite like the little gingerbread men and will no doubt be making some more now. They would even make great little decorations for the tree too!
Lynda xxx
ooo very clever...this theme would have stumped me but youve risen to the challenge wonderfully - adore your little gingerbread people x
ReplyDeleteOh wow Lynda this is fab and how well thought out - I would still be drawing a blank.
ReplyDeleteB x
This is a great idea Lynda! And .. I love your gingerbread men!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland again.
Teri xxx
Great idea, love your little gingerbread men. I was stumped with this one too, did think of a gingerbread house, but maybe not. lol :)x
ReplyDeleteI love this, what a great idea having a recipe on a card
ReplyDeleteFantastic work Lynda I love that it has the recipe with it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us again at WW
Joeyx
Great idea that has come together superbly. Love it all.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland again.
Hugs Pascale
Wow, this is a fabulous idea Lynda! So cheery and colourful and your gingerbread men look totally edible, love how you've decorated them!
ReplyDeleteSo inventive Lynda. It would be great to make a mini book of recipes decorated like this. I love your gingerbread men, makes me want to go and make some!!
ReplyDeleteLisax
fab! the gingerbread men are so cute - whenever I see gingerbread men it takes me straight back to cooking with my grandma
ReplyDeleteVery creative card! Lovely composition. LynnF
ReplyDelete