Friday, 16 October 2009

Daring Cardmakers - I Can See Clearly Now!

This week's dare over at Daring Cardmakers has been set by Lythan as follows:-

I can see clearly now
and I would love to see something clear on your card. It could be an acetate card, an acetate embellishment, a window cut in the card, clingfilm, OHP sheet, Mirror fragments - anything that shows that your card is clearly one of the best!

My card:-


Items Used:-

Acetate Card from Craftwork Cards
Bazzill Card Stock
Sizzix Spooky House and Ghosts#2
Fence, Scallop and Apron Lace Border Punches
Circle Punch
Sizzix "Happy Halloween" Clear Stamps
Black and White Stazon Ink Pads
Inkssentials White Opaque Pen




Lynda xxx

Edited to add:- I've had a few comments asking how long it took me to make this card. It was at least 8 hours! I knew exactly how I wanted it to turn out but really struggled - me and acetate do not get on at all - I think it hates me lol. Having said that now I've made it I could probably make another one in less than an hour so don't let me put you off. It's just a case of sticking with it.

13 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! What a fabulous Halloween card Lynda...beautifully put together. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me Lynda, how ever long did this take you, it's fabulous. Great make and originality.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fab Lynda..and yes how long did it take to make..it's a masterpiece! Love it :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Lynda, this is fab ! Brilliant idea with the 3 D card. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a real WOW card - amazing work,so detailed - you must have the patience of a saint to spend so much time on this.....maybe I shouldnt tell you mine took 25minutes this morning lol....Im legging it before I get a slap lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8 hours!!!??? Totally worth it ;) Super duper fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This photographed quite well in the end Lynda, although I have to say it's even better in real life. Are you loving acetate yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I agree it is an amazing card and worth every minute of those 8 hours :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that's amazing. not tried acetate yet, saved lots of it though, to recycl.
    well done. hope it wins.

    Hugs Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynda well it was worth all tha effert because your card is `gorgeous` I love the shape and how you created it!!!
    Have a lovely weekend:)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Acetate hates me, too Lynda!
    What you've made here is just amazing - so much work, so many details - every week you produce something special and I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your haunted house card is amazingly fabulous! I can well believe how long it took to make, well worth all the effort. kxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, this is just stunning. Sjoe, 8 hours ... but I understand wholeheartedly that time just flies when one is having fun. This is truly a piece of art.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated