What a difference a week can make!
Last Friday I posted my final card as Guest Designer for the Daring Cardmakers. Well, not long after that I receive a lovely e-mail from Kathy asking me if I would like to stay on and become a full time member of the team. I was absolutely dumbstruck to say the least.... and the answer was a very resounding YES please!
This was the first challenge blog I ever entered a card onto and it really helped me get going with my own blog. After all I needed to have something to post and the support from the team with comments etc real gave me the confidence to carry on. Little did I know then that I would actually be a part of that team now! So I would like to say hello to the rest of the team and thank you all for having the confidence in me.
I'd also like to wish Sue well too - she had to have emergency surgery on her eye this week and has to lie still for a week or so until everything settles down. I really hope things improve very quickly for you Sue. Take care xxx
So onto this week's Dare:-
Folding Up
It's "just what it says on the tin", we'd like to see some folds on your cards this week.
Fold the whole card, fold some paper, fold some ribbon.
Do some origami, teabag folding or just fold over a corner of your paper to reveal the other side.
As long as there's some sort of folding used as a feature of your card then it counts. Any subject, any theme, any reason.
Fold the whole card, fold some paper, fold some ribbon.
Do some origami, teabag folding or just fold over a corner of your paper to reveal the other side.
As long as there's some sort of folding used as a feature of your card then it counts. Any subject, any theme, any reason.
Why don't you pop on over here to see what the team have created for inspiration and have a go yourself.
Here's my card:-
A different angle just so you can see the fold and the inside.
There's also some folding going on on the two strips of paper ribbon on the front on the card too!
The image is by Unity Stamp Co. and is courtesy of the lovely Carol who kindly posted me some stamped images. I just love it. Thanks Carol you're a star.
Image coloured with water colour pencils
DP - Crate Paper "Little Sprout" Collection
Greeting on inside - Penny Black Stamp "...every day"
Distress Inks - Tea Dye
Nestabilities
Stickles
Gems
Lynda xxx
Congratulations Lynda. That's wonderful and so well deserved. It's amazing where this blogging lark takes you isn't it!
ReplyDeleteI hope your friend Sue goes on well. I have every admiration for her. I was supposed to have this done too but keeping still with your head bewtween your knees for a week with a 6 year old was a non starter so I chickened out. Touch wood things haven't got any worse since.
Have a great weekend
Lisax
Beautiful card Lynda, love the mix of papers!
ReplyDeleteHi Lynda, Congratulations, might have to pop over to Daring Cardmakers, and check it out.
ReplyDeleteWell done with the card and stamped image, love those colours.
Big Hugs Carol x
Folds everyhwere, I know you would come up with something lovely. I love this card.
ReplyDeleteKathy X
That's great news! really pleased for you. Love your folding card. Been feeling uninspired this week, but this challenge as really got me going again. :)xx
ReplyDeleteGreat news Lynda so well deserved Love your card too!!! I love DCM too! Hugs Pascalex
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!! Your work will be a great inspiration for other crafters!!
ReplyDeleteSaskia :)
Fab news Lynda!! and fab card to go with it!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the DT position, you will rock the challenges every week :)
Hugs
Carol x
Welcome to the team Lynda.
ReplyDeleteYour card is gorgeous the bird on the front is so sweet.
Hi Lynda
ReplyDeleteLove all the earth tones going on here and that little birdie is so cute (I'm into birds right now).
Have a good weekend.
B x
Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful colours and love the paper folding.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your DT place.
luv
Debby
You are too good to let slip through our fingers, Lynda!
ReplyDeleteLove you card and you were so clever to get a folded card AND a folded embellishment into one fab package!
Big congrats on the full DT - Fab!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a lovely card, I adore what you have done with the papers. Lovely. Kim
Congrats Lynda..
ReplyDeleteso deserving..
Your folded card is gorgeous :)x
Sorry I havent commented earlier...Congrats on being on the DCM x
ReplyDeleteWonderful card...love the design!