Wednesday, 21 October 2009

The Wheels on the Bus....


....go round and round!

I'm always up for a challenge lol.

One of my Best Friends, Susan, had been asked by a colleague at work to make a card with the theme "The Wheels on the Bus go round and round" and before she could say "I don't think I've got anything that would be suitable" the chap just said "I know you can do it I'll leave it with you!" Why do people do that? Just because we make cards doesn't mean we can make ANY card with ANY theme without the necessary stuff to do it! Or can we lol. I couldn't leave it, I had to have a go and this is the card I came up with:-


DP - The Green Stack by DCWV
Trees from Little Sprout Collection by Crate Paper
All in the Family Stamp set by Stampin Up
Bus, Bus Sign and Road - Handmade by me
Bazzill Card Stock
Sentiments - Computer Generated using "Scrap Twiggy" Font from ScrapNFonts

This was one of those "it just came together" cards. The ones that always end up being my favourites. I am quite chuffed to bits with it.




Lynda xxx

11 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you, this is brilliant, you really are very clever Lynda, I love it X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it, that bus is soo clever, the shape gives the effect of being packed with people and pets! ;) I'm with you on the just came together cards, I'm always happier with the cards I make out of scraps than the ones I spend hours contemplating. :)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Great card!!! You've been so creative!
    I LOVE it!!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness me Lynda, does this take me back a year or few. My eldest used to adore this rhyme, it all satred at nursery when they used to sing it at the end of most sessions and he never lost his love if it.

    There is a ten year gap between our eldest 'batch' and youngest 'batch' he used to sing it to his little bothers.

    Super card, great imagaintion and the little girl will adore it I know.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, a massive massive thankyou for this card. He hasn't seen it yet but I know that he and his little girl will love love love it. Thanks, Susanxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Lynda ! It's amazing what we can come up with when a left of centre request comes out way. You've done a fab job. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be chuffed to bits with this Lynda, it's fantastic. Perfect for a child of any age. How talented you are. I love all those smiley faces and I'll be humming that song all night now, it used to drive us mad when my daughter was small, she had one of those musical books with it. I wonder what happened to that!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Lynda, you've done a BRILLIANT job with this! I know what you mean about odd requests though - a couple of years ago I was asked to make a Christmas card - but the guy wanted it to also feature New Year, fireworks and Paris.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Lynda its absolutely fantastic. You can come up with anything and it'll be just fabulous! :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant Linda, the bus you have created is fabulous you are a very talented lady! Debbie x
    PS: Are you at the Dome on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It totally came together! This is one of my favorites!!!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated