Sunday, 25 October 2009

Winter Wonderland - Open Theme

I'd like to say a huge thank you to the team over at Winter Wonderland for having me as their guest for the last couple of weeks and I feel so privileged to have had my cards and projects showcased on their wonderful blog.

This week the very talented Teri (who is not only on the Design Team but also has her very own Digital Stamp Shop) has kindly given us a very beautiful image of a Dove to work with and I have absolutely fallen in love with it. You can find more of Teri's digital stamps here. If you use Copics the printer ink doesn't 'bleed' when colouring!

These are the cards I made:-


Items used:-

1st card:-
DP - Basic Grey "Eskimo Kisses" 6x6 paper pad
Distress Ink - Broken China
Copics
Craftwork Cards - Poinsettias and Card Candy
Woodware Holly Punch
Bazzill Card Stock
Nestabilities
Glamour Dust
American Crafts Rub-Ons

2nd card:-
Stampin Up - Medallion Stamp
Distress Ink - Broken China
Copics
Melissa Frances Rub-Ons
Ribbon from stash
Glamour Dust

3rd card:-
Distress Ink - Broken China
Copics
Nestabilities
Krylon silver Leafing Pen
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Dovecraft Snowflake Punch



I also made the above Advent Calendar which started out as being a flat one! I made 24 very simple pockets (instructions below) and placed 6 rows of 4 of them onto a sheet of black card. Then I thought it was going to be too big so I scored between each row and joined the ends and made a cylinder. At this point it stood on it's own and was very sturdy so I thought it would be a good idea to fill it with treats and the pockets could contain little notes that instructed how many treats could be had on that day I cut 6 strips of felt slightly bigger than each of the sides, sewed them together and then cut a circle of felt and sewed that into the bottom to make the liner, I then added a lace edge to the top.


To make the pockets:-
Cut a strip of paper 15cms x 6cms
Score at 4cms and 10cms and fold edges together.
Use a Corner Rounder for the Top Flap and a Circle Punch to punch a half circle out of the edge of the Bottom Flap.
Glue the sides to form a pocket.
Cut out Circles of Co-ordinating Card Stock using a 1" punch and glue just the bottom half of the circle to the pocket so that the top flap slips under it to close.
Print the numbers 1 to 24 and cut out using a 3/4" punch and adhere to larger circle.

************

Another idea I thought of was that the pockets could contain those Chocolate Coins as they are flat enough to fit into them and a Christmas Floral Arrangement could be placed in the centre. You wouldn't have to make a liner then!




Lynda xxx

22 comments:

  1. WOW Lynda i love these cards and that Advent calender is out of this world fabulous. So great to have you with us, hugs Pascale x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cards and the advent calendar is really unique and very clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lynda you've been busy. Fab cards and that advent calendar is a genius idea. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. blimey the cards are amazing and the advent calendar is a stroke of genius....excellent work Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW Lynda This is a fabulous creation...I love it!!!:)TFS:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards, love the dove. :) And your advent calendar is just brilliant.

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that dove images and the cards you have made, what a good idea for the advent calender but what a lot of choccies.

    Big Hugs Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have made some great stuff, love the advent calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. three beautiful cards - the dove is lovely and you've made great use of it. As for that Advent calendar, well, how clever is that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. your card are beautiful Lynda, love the way you've made them all so different using the same image. Advent calender must have taken you ages, very unusual too

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's something for you on my blog when you get a mo! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I love this advent calendar, cut out the middleman and ditch the notes, just eat the choccies. A bottle of wine in the middle would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been a busy bee, Lynda. I love all your Christmas cards, that owl a few posts ago, is adorable.
    I agree that the dove image is so beautiful, you could use it for any occasion and I think your advent calandar is inspired. You are so creative, I am in awe!!

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous creations Lynda!!!
    Beautiful works of art!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Lynda. You are truly talented. Love all your beautiful creations and that advent calendar is such an origianl idea with the sweeties on the inside.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! You are uber crafty!! Love your advent calendar - the details are awesome!! And who doesn't like something filled with lots of sweets :)

    Your cards are gorgeous too - my favorite is with the red pointsettas - they sure pop beautifully!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Lynda you have been a busy lady, your cards are all stunning and I love the fabulous advent calendar you have created...such a clever idea! Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! love what you did with the Advent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so cool - like your calendar!
    Hugs, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, your creations are absolutely gorgeous! Love the Advent calendar!

    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so wonderful! I am so in love!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a clever little chickie you are. Very creative idea. Love it.
    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated