Thursday, 29 October 2009

Daring Cardmakers - Getting Punchy With It!

Keryn has set the Dare this week at Daring Cardmakers as follows:-

"I love punches and use them on almost every card I make. This week I want you to join with me and make a card, any type, any theme but it needs to use your latest craft punch purchase. If you haven't bought any punches for a while or don't own any at all your latest craft purchase will be quite acceptable".

My card:-


I purchased 2 new punches last Sunday 1 mega sized retro flower punch and a tiny retro flower punch and I used them both for the pink flowers on my card.

The yellow flower has been punched out using the whale of a punch sized retro flower punch so this should give you an idea of the size of the others.

To create the largest of the flowers I drew around the largest chipboard peek-a-boo flower from Craftwork Cards and hand cut it.

I used Martha Stewart border punches (Doily Lace and Arch Lattice) to make the decorative edges to some of the petals.

So that's my "New" and other punches covered.


Other items used:-
Craftwork Cards - Lots of Dots Vellum
Pink Paper - Doodlebug Designs
Bazzill and DCWV Textured Card Stock
Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' Embossing Folder
Sizzix Branch w/leaves Die
Sentiment - Melissa Frances Rub-On
Prima - Say it in Crystals Swirl (part)
Inkssentials white pen
Gem Brad and Faux Flower Stamen from stash



Lynda xxx

13 comments:

  1. Fabby fab!!! Love the pink and yellow combo. That mega punch must weigh a ton! I've got the whale of...retro flower punch and that's heavy enough! ;)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous Lynda, lovely blend of colors and the Swiss Dots background sets it all off really well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful Lynda, love the flower and lots of bling!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card Lynda. It would also look good in different colour combo's for different occasions.

    Susanxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Lynda. I love the flower spray, even down to the little stamens.
    That jewel swirl is beautiful too. I love it all.
    Have a great weekend

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh I love the way you've created your flower with the punched edges and the stamens too, so gorgrous.

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Lynda ! Those punches were a definite 'best' buy. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning!!!Lynda I love those flowers ...TFS
    Have a great weeend:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Lynda, beautiful combination of colours and the flower arrangement is perfect, the little doily in the middle is such a clever idea :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me encantan tus trabajos, Linda. Te visito desde Winter W. y es un placer ver todo lo que haces con tanto gusto y perfección. Saludos desde Canarias.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynda!!! You top yourself on every card! FABULOUS! I love the gems and the flowers - so well done :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fantastic card - so pretty, love all the bling!

    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have fallen in love with this....it's absolutely stunningly gorgeous....big hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated