This week Jeanette has set the challenge at CCC as follows:-
"As it's getting close to Fathers Day I thought a Fathers Day card would be appropriate, but there's a slight twist in that it has to be more than a card. You can interpret that any way you want to. If it's not Fathers Day in your neck of the woods then a card for a Man (any man) will do. Have fun and I can't wait to see your creations."
So Ive made a Gift Case for a CD - all Ive got to do now is create a CD with some favourite songs on it. Might just have to ask for some help on that one lol.
The case does stand on it's own when it rests on the back flap so it can be displayed as a card too!
Papers are from "The Green Stack" from DCWV
Self Adhesive Velcro Fastener
"Dad" cut out on QuicKutz Silhouette
Stamp - "You're the best, Mum" by Inkadinkado (Mum obviously masked out)
I found this tutorial for a CD Case over on Splitcoast Stampers but I didn't want the extra bulk of the card on the outside so I took the basic measurements and my version is made in one piece rather than two.
Lynda xxx
Lovely CD case, a great idea. Thanks for joining us at CCC.
ReplyDeleteLiza x
Hi Lynda, this is beautiful! And what a fab idea with a CD with some of hims fave songs on it, I think I'm gonna steal that idea for when we have fathers day in Nov. I really like the papers and the image is so cute & funny :) Thanks for joining us at CCC this week :)
ReplyDeleteHugs Ida
Hi Lynda, i love this it is just gorgeous, i always fnd the males hard to create for but this is really a fab idea...
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Cupcake, hugs Pops x x x
Love this idea Lynda, thanks for the link. Maybe I will give the distress inks another go, I just need some more colours, I've only got 2 ;)! xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a unique idea Lynda, so imaginativem your colouring and image is also so apt for a male card.
ReplyDeleteB x
Oooooh... I LOVE this card, so beautiful and cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteSweet greetings,
Saskia :)
What a fab idea. I love the cute image and the papers are lush. Great use of the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
ReplyDeleteGreat CD case and such fab colours and papers. Thanks for joining in the fun at CCC this week :) Donna x
ReplyDeleteCongrats Lynda! Love your card, and the way it opens.
ReplyDeleteDon't you just LOVE this paper stack? Congrats on the Top 5!
ReplyDelete