Friday, 18 September 2009

Daring Cardmakers - Shabby Chic

This week's dare over on Daring Cardmakers has been set by Tanya Leigh and she has chosen the theme of "Shabby Chic". Why don't you pop over and have a look at the DT creations and have a go yourself. I promise you will have a lot of fun!

This is my card:-


At first I had to stop and think about this one as it's not really my style at all and I thought it was totally out of my comfort zone. However I did little detective work on the internet and found some absolutely beautiful creations. I looked through all of my stash and found the big turquoise flower, matched it up with some others and the whole card was built around that. I found scraps of BoBunny "Alissa" papers and cut outs which matched perfectly too and had the "girl friends" wording on it so the theme became a sort of girly party night out. I looked through my bits box and found frames I'd made and not used, bits of lace, and the crown was from a box of die cuts by DCWV (Once Upon a time) that I had never even opened! After a bit of distressing, inking, sticking and sewing I was quite pleased with my very first attempt at Shabby Chic but most of all I really enjoyed it!



Lynda xxx

13 comments:

  1. youve certainly nailed this weeks challenge - an amazing card - love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo Lynda..this is different.....like it very much...
    hugs
    Jan...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynda, this really is a beautiful piece of artwork. I love tattered edges, pearls, lace etc., so adore the card.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect - very shabby sheek!!!

    Thanks for the cheer up - I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and shabby cic alright...love it!
    :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Lynda I think your card is simply `Stunning` you Rocked that Challenge..TFS
    Have a fab weekend:)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lovely, love the shabby chic look, gorgeous. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Lynda, it looks great - can't believe this is your first attempt at the style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are always gorgeous Lynda, and this is no exception.......you nailed it my friend!!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Lynda. I'm in love with that turquoise flower and your crown is perfect.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful. I like the flower very much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think its lovely, with layers of detail which would delight anyone receiving it !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated