Don't the weeks just fly by - I can't believe it's Friday already and time for another Dare over at Daring Cardmakers. The team have set a seaside theme this week and I had so much fun creating my card for my second week as Guest Designer.
Down by the Sea
Over on this side of the world we're coming to the end of the Summer, and on Keryn's side they'll soon be dusting off their buckets, spades and sun-hats.
Of course we don't just enjoy being by the sea in the Summer, it doesn't matter what the season is, the seaside is a great place to be, so this week we'd love you to make cards with any sort of seaside theme.
Why don't you pop over and have a look at the great inspiration povided by the rest of the team.
Here's my card:-
Lately I've been having loads of fun trying to create different frames and effects using my Nestabilities. I love how this turned out - sort of a port hole effect. I passed it through a paper crimper and then swiped a brown ink pad over the raised areas. Image is by Hobby Art that I have stamped with Memento Ink and coloured with Copics. Cardstock is Core-dinations "Whitewash" collection (torn, sanded and inked) and Bazzill Kraft Card. I created the textures using Flower Soft, Micro Beads, Shells, String (coloured with Copics) and an eyelet and star from my stash. finally I created the words using Mrs Grosman's alphabet stickers.
Lynda xxx
Ohhh your cards are so fab Lynda, love everything about it.... :)xx
ReplyDeleteOh ny goodness this card is stunning. You have put so much work into such a beauty! I love the summer and we are coming to the end of it here! Darn! But your card has put a smile on my face just love the sea!
ReplyDeleteChristine
Wowzas!! I don't know how you do it - this is simply FANTABULOUS :)
ReplyDeleteFantastic Lynda! love all the shells, the strings, the flower soft.....well just all of it really! :)
ReplyDeleteHugs
Carol x
Ooh this is fantastic Lynda ! I love the rippled effect cut out with the Nestie, it really does give that beside the seaside feel, like flotsam (that's the word I was trying to think of ! ) Sue C x
ReplyDeleteWondeful card Lynda, so put some much thought into your card design and it really does show.
ReplyDeleteB x
When I saw your card on the blog - it popped right out - I love the texture of the corregated frame
ReplyDeleteMy sister loves lighthouses and would think your card is fab! (so do I)
Hi Lynda. Sorry I'm a bit late catching up with my blog reading this week. I love how you've used the Nestabilities on this, it's so clever and the flower soft is inspired, it looks like seaweed on the rocks, absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLisax
What a fab card! All the textures are wonderful. I love crimped card too.
ReplyDelete