Thursday, 10 September 2009

Carol's Sketch Fun #14

Carol's created another fabulous sketch for us over at Carol's Sketch Fun and she's also got a great prize up for grabs for one very lucky winner!

Carol's sketch:-

My card:-


I've used one of the great new Colour-Me-Ovals from Craftwork Cards as the main image. I coloured it with Copics, highlighted the petals and leaves with Stickles and then covered the whole oval with Diamond Glaze. When the glaze dried I attached a small metal bead with a brad to the centre of the flower. I used Nestabilites to cut out the Scallop Oval and the frame which is coloured with Aged Mahogany Distress Inks, I also coloured the outer edge of the card blank the same.

Other items used:-

Papers - My Minds Eye - Bloom & Grow
Bazzill Card Stock
Mini Message from Craftwork Cards, coloured with Copics, covered in Diamond Glaze and mounted onto oval cut with Stampin' Up Scallop Oval punch.
Silk Ribbon from stash
White Inkssentials Opaque Pen to highlight the frame.
Hero Arts Self Adhesive Gem Strip



Lynda xxx

6 comments:

  1. The colours are fab together Lynda, and i thought i recognised that scallop punch :)
    Thanks for playing along with my sketch, have a lovely evening...

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lynda

    Another beauty, the gem brad really lifts the flower, lovely accent.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lynda, love the colours you have used.

    Hugs Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! Love, love the bling gems :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, so elegant!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and leave a comment - it's very much appreciated